Easy To Make And Delicious; So Good Your Non-Vegan Friends And Family Won’t Even Know This Eggless Quiche Is Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free and Egg-Free.
This Is A Great Recipe For Breakfast Or Brunch. Eggless Sweet Potato Quiche Baked In A Buttery Flaky Gluten-Free Crust Filled With Sweet Potato, Roasted Onion And Vegan Feta Cheese.
Vegan Quiche is one of our favorite JUST Eggs recipes.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store and reheat.
There are so many variations on the classic vegan quiche recipe but we wanted a savory, creamy egg-free version and thought feta and sweet potatoes would fit the build. We’re starting with a premade, refrigerated pie crust to make this recipe simple and quick.
Can I Make It In Advance?
Yes you can. To make quiche ahead of time, bake it as instructed and let it completely cool. Store it in the refrigerator day before. Reheat slices in microwave or in oven baked at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, until heated through.
Can You Make Quiche Without Eggs?
Yes, you can make an egg-free quiche without eggs. The most popular replacers are Tofu, Chickpeas and Just Eggs liquid. All have there pro’s and con’s. Tofu needs to be well seasoned but is inexpensive. Chickpea is high in protein but the favor can be a turn off for some. JUST Egg taste just like real eggs but can be on the more expensive side.
Can You Buy Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust?
YES! you can buy pre-made pie crust at the grocery store. Most are not vegan and gluten-free but we found one that’s sold nationwide. Wholly Wholesome. They are certified vegan and they also have a gluten-free version. You can find them in the freezer section at many mainstream supermarkets.
Quiche is a great way to use up leftover vegetables. It’s a great idea to keep frozen pie crust in the freezer. That way, you can serve up a delicious quiche for any occasion: Brunch, Mother’s Day or Sunday Breakfast.
Do I Need to Par-bake the Crust?
No, you will not need to blind bake the crust for this recipe.
Refrigerated or Frozen Pie Crust - we use a unbaked pie crust that comes
already lining a disposable pie dish. We purchase Whole Wholly Vegan Gluten-Free from the frozen section at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or Kroger grocery stores.
JUST Egg liquid egg substitute
Sweet Potatoes - we love having sweet potatoes for breakfast. One of our go to simple but satisfying breakfasts is our sesame granola over baked sweet potatoes. They are packed with fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
Vegan Feta - we love the Trader Joe’s vegan feta. It’s creamy, salty tangy ooey gooey cheesy flavor.
See recipe card for quantities.
How To Make An Eggless Quiche
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and peel the sweet potato. Using a mandoline or slice by hand; slice sweet potato in thin slices. Slice onion and crumble up vegan feta.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together JUST Eggs, thyme, salt and pepper.
Place pie shell on baking sheet. (To catch any over flow in oven).
Layer the sweet potatoes in the bottom.
Pour the Just Egg liquid mixture with herbs mixed in over the quiche.
Sprinkle vegan feta cheese and onion slices over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, until the quiche puffs up and just barely jiggles or toothpick/knife comes out clean . Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To Store - Refrigerate quiche in an airtight storage container for up to 4 days.
- To Reheat - Reheat leftovers in a oven safe pie dish in the oven at 350 degrees. The quiche can also be rewarmed in the microwave.
- To Freeze - Freeze quiche in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to a month. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
More Vegan Brunch Recipes
Eggless Sweet Potato Quiche (Vegan & Dairy-Free)
- 1 Premade Vegan Gluten-free Pie Crust - we like the Wholly Wholesome pie crust
- 1 medium Sweet Potato about 5 ounces
- 3 ounces Vegan Feta crumbled
- 1/4 medium Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Bottle JUST Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For The Filling:
- Wash and peel the sweet potato.
- Using a mandoline or slice by hand; slice sweet potato in thin slices
- Slice onion and crumble up vegan feta
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together JUST Eggs, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Assembly & Bake
- Place pie shell on baking sheet. (To catch any over flow in oven)
- Layer the sweet potatoes in the bottom
- Pour the Just Egg liquid mixture over the quiche.
- Sprinkle vegan feta cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, until the quiche puffs up and just barely jiggles or toothpick/knife comes out clean . Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this recipe and try please let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way