How to make a delicious gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free peach cobbler?
First start with fresh peaches. I know; it's not peach season. We were lucky enough to have the pleasure of visiting Gregg Farm in Concord, Georgia back in July. At the orchard we got a big bushel of peaches picked straight from the trees.
They were so good, we enjoyed most of them right away. But where able to manage to freeze some for when we needed them during thanksgiving. Frozen peaches hold up well and we think you’ll be happy with the results of your thanksgiving cobbler.
While we’ve made pies, cookies, cakes and even puddings; we never made a gluten-free vegan peach cobbler before. To our surprise; it wasn't that difficult. But it did require a little precision when it came to trimming and rolling the dumplings. It also required time when it comes to creating the peach sauce.
The smell of the kitchen while the cobbler is baking is the most delightful and aromatic experience. The peaches and cinnamon with the homemade buttery dumpling crusts created an incredible aroma.
Making this recipe Gluten-Free and Vegan is super simple you'll just need to substitute the butter and milk. For the gluten-free part you can pick up a cup for cup gluten-free flour like King Arthur Flour or Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour.
After trying this recipe for ourselves; we decided it would be the perfect dessert to share with our family and friends this Thanksgiving. We hope they’ll enjoy eating it as much as we enjoyed baking it.
- glass baking dish
- sauce pan
- cutting board
- 1 ½ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2/4 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk Soy or Oat are also acceptable
- 2 tbsp Butter alternative melted
- 4 Peaches pitted & cut into 16 equal wedges
- ¼ cup water
- 6 tbsp Butter alternative cold & cut into pieces
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Sugar separated from ½ cup of sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ cup Peach Preserves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Create peach sauce by combining; water, butter, ⅓ cup of sugar, salt, & 4 of the 16 peach wedges in medium saucepan.
- Bring to simmer over medium high heat and cook, stirring occasionally until butter is melted & sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat & let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer peach sauce to blender and add peach preserves & lemon juice. (process until smooth)
- Set peach sauce to the side.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk and butter into dough. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of flour on hard flat surface to roll dough.
- Roll dough into a 12 inch square. (using a knife to cut any rounded edges)
- Cut dough in half.
- Cut crosswise into 3 equal rectangles & cut diagonally to create triangles. (work 1 dough half at a time)
- You should have 12 total triangles.
- One triangle at a time, place 1 of the remaining 12 peach slices into each on the wide end, rolling them around slice to create a dumpling.
- Transfer dumplings (seam side down) into 8 inch square baking pan
- In pan place dumplings 3 rows of 4 dumplings. ( it’s okay if they touch)
- Pour the peach sauce over dumplings in pan.
- Combine cinnamon & 1 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon /sugar mix over dumplings.
- Bake until golden on top & syrup is bubbling in center of pan. (about 45 minutes)
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
Be sure to check out our other vegan gluten-free desserts and if you give this gluten free vegan dish a try let us know! Comment below and let us know how you enjoyed it.
The Vgn Way
Live Love and Eat Good Food!