How To Make A Vegan Gluten-Free Stuffed Portabello Pizza
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 packages of baby portabello mushrooms 12 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon EVOO oil
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup red peppers diced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- ¼ cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Tomato sauce for dipping if you don’t have the time to make the home made tomato sauce
Homemade Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes + 3 tablespoons of veg. broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup vegan gluten-free vegetable broth
- ½ cup plant based milk unsweetened oat milk works best
- ¾ cup vegan Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place parchment on baking sheet and set aside
- Clean the button mushrooms. Lightly brush mushrooms with oil
- Mix the vegan cream cheese, onion, bell pepper, oregano, basil and salt together. Place mixture into mushrooms.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until mushrooms are slightly browned
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce (Makes Large Batch of Sauce)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Saute garlic in 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth for 2 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and saute additional for two minutes. (add more broth if needed)
- Add remaining 1 cup of vegetable broth, oat milk and vegan parmesan
- Cook for 4 – 6 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer on low heat and allow parmesan to melt and the sauce to thicken.
If you give this gluten-free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way