This Just Egg French Toast is made with an eggless, dairy-free custard and has cinnamon and vanilla for great flavor. With a crispy outside and creamy center. Be sure to give our Just Egg quiche and frittata recipes a try.
Why This Recipe Works?
Easy and quick to make.
It’s wheat-free, dairy-free and egg-free.
Enjoy this fast and easy french toast recipe. No one will be the wiser about this delicious allergy-friendly vegan, gluten-free, egg-free breakfast.
If you haven’t tried Just Egg, we highly recommend this versatile egg replacement product. We used this for the base of our eggless custard french toast. Just Egg is made from mung beans. Mung beans are a protein-rich legume and highly versatile, often used for soups or stews, and a staple of Asian diets.
- Just Egg
- Vegan Sugar
- Bread - Gluten-free or bread of choice
- Non-Dairy Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Butter
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Step 1: Combine JUST Egg replacer, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and milk in a wide shallow dish and mix together.
Step 2: Soak the bread slices in the custard mixture for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. This recipe was created using gluten-free bread which can be more dense than non gluten-free bread. Depending on the thickness of your gluten-free bread you may need to soak a little longer.
Step 3: Be careful to not let the bread get to soggy.
Step 4: Heat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat and add a dab of butter to the pan.
Step 5: Careful remove bread from custard letting excess drip off and place in pan.
Step 6: Cook each slice for about 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Top and serve.
Just Egg contains 5g of plant-based protein per serving (similar content of chicken egg for equal volume) and is dairy-free and egg-free for people with egg allergies.
Fresh fruit, compote, maple syrup, vegan whipped cream, sliced bananas and nuts.
- To Store. Best eaten the day of but if you do have leftovers eat within a day.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in microwave or in oven at 350 until heated through.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
Vegan Gluten-Free French Toast (Soy and Dairy Free)
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 8 slices Vegan Gluten Free Bread You want to use stale bread as it will absorb more of the custard
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Just Egg
- ½ cup Plant-based Milk
- Vegan Butter For cooking French Toast
- Combine egg replacer, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and milk in a wide shallow dish and mix together
- Soak the bread slices in the custard mixture for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. This recipe was created using gluten-free bread which can be more dense than non gluten-free bread. Depending on the thickness of your gluten-free bread you may need to soak a little longer.
- Be careful to not let the bread get to soggy. The thicker the bread the longer you want it to soak
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add dab of butter to oil pan
- Careful remove bread from custard letting excess drip off and place in pan
- Cook each slice for about 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Serve immediately.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this recipe and try please let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Be sure to check out more of our vegan breakfast recipes
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way