Italian Vegan Sausage Cooked With Bell Peppers And Sweet Red Onions. Yes, It’s Vegan – Beyond Sausage, a plant-based gluten-free, soy-free sausage that cooks and taste just like meat-based Italian sausage.
Weeknight-friendly. Served Over Rice, Polenta Or In A Gluten-Free Hoagie Roll.
A classic Italian-American food that’s delicious, satisfying and super simple to make. All you need is a sheetpan and maybe your Instant Pot to quickly make rice.
When Beyond Sausage came on the market we knew this was the perfect semi-homemade set it and forget it sheet-pan weeknight dinner. A tasty dinner that you can get on the table in under 30 minutes!
- Vegan Italian Sausage
- Red Onions
- Orange Bell Peppers
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice onions and peppers and place on baking sheet.
Drizzle with the olive oil onions and peppers. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss.
Add sausage to baking sheet and place in oven.
This recipe uses Beyond brand plant-based sausage which we always keep stocked in the freezer. Roast vegan sausage, peppers and onions for 30 minutes.
- With Polenta
- Over Rice - Put 2 cups of rice and 2 cups of water in Instant Pot with 1 teaspoon of salt and tablespoon of vegan butter. Press Rice button and cook. It takes 15 minutes from start to finish.
- On Gluten-Free Hogie Roll - we like the vegan gluten-free brand Schar
How to Store and Reheat
To Store. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight storage container for up to 4 days.
To Reheat. Reheat in the microwave or in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
More Vegan Sausage Recipes
Vegan Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Spicy Italian Sausage & Tomato Soup
Vegan Italian Sausage Peppers And Onions
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Rubber spatula
- Vegan Italian Sausage - 14oz package
- ½ large Red Onion
- 1 Large Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice onions and peppers and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and olive oil over onions and peppers.
- Add sausage to baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or polenta.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Like This Post? PIN IT!
If you give this gluten free vegan sausage peppers and onions recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
And be sure to check out more of our plant-based gluten-free on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
just made this with the beyond sausages. I also added habanero peppers for more heat and it came out amazing it’s soooo good.