Makrut lime leaves (pronounced mah-krut), are aromatic leaves that add a distinctive lime flavor when added to salt mixes, spice blends, stir fries or drinks.
A tart and sweet limeade made with only a few ingredients, fast and simple.
This limeade has a bright and tangy flavor, refreshing on a hot summers day.
MAKRUT LIME LEAF LEMONADE
- 2 cups of water
- 10 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups club soda or seltzer
- 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar and lime leaves over medium heat. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and then refrigerate until cold
- Fill 4 glasses with 1/2 cup of the syrup, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/2 cup club soda. Stir. Add ice and serve
"Adapted from New York Times"