- 1 can green jack-fruit in brine
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 whole peaches
- 1 package Wholly Wholesome pizza dough ball
- ½ bag spinach (or any leafy green)
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped
- ½ yellow & red pepper
- ¾ cup red onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Drain jack-fruit and wash thoroughly picking out the few seeds
- slice peaches into roughly 6 to 8 slices (Thin slices will cook faster, thicker slices will cook slow)
- Place jack-fruit in a large, heated, skillet over medium heat
- As the jack-fruit cooks and gets tender, pull apart with a fork (Add small amounts of water if needed to prevent drying out)
- Cook for about 30 minutes until tender.
- Add BBQ sauce to jack-fruit in the pan and stir.
- reduce heat to low- medium and cook for about 5 minutes (up to 10 minutes on low for a deeper flavor)
- Prepare pizza dough according to instructions
- pre-bake crust for 10 minutes before adding toppings (for a lighter airy pizza crust)
- Place generous portions of BBQ jack-fruit, mushroom, peppers and spinach on pizza crust
- add the peaches making sure to spread evenly across pizza
- Bake topped pizza for 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown
Summer-time for us means a visit to our local peach orchard to pick fresh peaches for our test kitchen and all the possible peach recipes we can create.
We love pizza and enjoy trying all sorts of topping combinations. So when we picked peaches we knew we just had to try them on a pizza and so BBQ Jackfruit pizza was born.
Sweet and savory are an excellent combination and if you're looking for something that will wake taste-buds, this is it.
Most importantly to this recipe was finding a good gluten-free and vegan pizza dough. And we found one with Wholly Wholesome pizza dough.
It rises great, browns beautifully and tastes delicious.
If you decide to make this BBQ Jackfruit pizza and try Wholly Wholesome pizza dough certainly let us know what you think.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way