HOMEMADE ENCHILADA SAUCE
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 24 oz can crushed/diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until well combined
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, and 1 cup of water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Reduce heat and let it simmer until it becomes slightly thickened
- 1 12 ounce plant based crumbles (we use either Trader Joes Beef-less Ground Beef or Gardein beefless ground)
- 2 ½ cups Enchilada sauce
- 1 4.5 ounce can Chopped green chiles
- 1 package Gluten-Free soft tortillas (we use Mission brand Gluten Free tortillas/ 10.5 oz. 6 in a pack)
- 1 ½ cup Plant based shredded cheddar cheese (we use Daiya brand Cheddar Style Shreds)
- Heat the oven to 375°
- Lightly coat or spray a 12x9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil
- Lightly heat crumbles in a pan over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Stirring in ½ cup of the enchilada sauce
- Add the green chilies and mix thoroughly
- Add ½ of the enchilada sauce to the baking dish, spreading across entire dish.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface, adding the crumbles mix down the center of the tortilla
- Sprinkle with cheese and roll tightly placing the seam side down in the baking dish
- Top the rolled enchiladas in the baking dish with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way