Hummus is super simple to make and you can find our basic hummus recipe here.
If you want to kick the flavor up a notch. Add ingredients like roasted peppers, carrots, lentils and yes, beets.
When working with beets you want to be very careful about where you place them. They stain any and everything like nobody business. You have been warned lol!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED BEET HUMMUS
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas Garbanzo beans (reserve liquid)
- 1 Small Beet chopped
- 3 tablespoons Tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of water can use reserved chickpea liquid if more liquid is desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Remove stem and root of beet, scrub and wash. Use vegetable peeler to remove outer skin. Rub a little oil over beet. Wrap in foil and bake for 60 minutes
- Drain and rinse chickpeas under cold water (remember to reserve the chickpea liquid)
- Place in food processor (a bullet machine can work too)
- Add Tahini paste, beet, lemon juice and EVOO
- Blend together until smooth
- Add a little of the reserved liquid to get to desired thickness
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with veggies or gluten free crackers and enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way