Lettuce wraps are a gluten-free person’s best friend. There simple to make and easy to veganize.
Bibb and Romaine Lettuce are your go to lettuce choices with this wrap. Both have great large leaves that make a great wrapper for all the flavorful fillings.
These spicy vegan lettuce wraps are perfect for vegan, gluten-free, low-carb and keto diets.
How To Make Spicy Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- 1 bag Soy Crumbles
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce
- 2 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 Limes
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha If you don't like it so hot use ½ tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Fish Sauce We used Ocean's Halo Vegan Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Scallions
- Sambal Oelek Optional
- Mix soy sauce, sriracha, brown sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl, side aside
- Wash, trim and chop scallions, set aside and mince garlic cloves set aside
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook scallions and garlic; stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes
- Add package of soy crumbles and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook til done according to package directions
- Add reserved soy sauce mixture, cook and stirring until liquid is almost reduced about 2 minutes
If you give these spicy vegan lettuce wraps a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way