This vegan beef bowl is a quick weeknight winner. Beef-less soy crumbles are such a good substitute for ground beef, chicken or turkey. They cook up very quickly and with the addition of spices and herbs you’ll never miss the ground beef if you’re new to veganism or if you like meatless Monday dinners. These are some of our favorite gluten-free and vegan beef-less crumb brands Gardein and Trader Joe’s Beef-less Ground Beef. Beef-less crumbles work great for vegan beef bowl, spaghetti or lasagna.
How To Make Vegan Beef Bowl
- 1 cup of rice
- ¾ cup diced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 package of soy crumbles
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 Avocado
- Cook double batch of your favorite rice jasmine, basmati or brown. Use half now and save remaining for a quick weeknight meal
- Combine peppers, capers and vinegar in a large bowl
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add soy crumbles heat thoroughly about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low
- Stir in cumin and 2 tablespoons of capers and peppers
- Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Plate and garnish with lettuce, remaining peppers, capers and avocado
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Adapted from Real Simple magazine