A quick and easy vegan and gluten free dessert you make in the freezer. These yummy Almond Butter Carob fudge treat is a good alternative if your looking to reduce the sugar in your desserts. Also, this is a great one bowl recipe you can make with the kids. It's easy-to-make, only requiring a few ingredients and takes a few minutes to complete. The rice crispies gives the Almond Butter Carob fudge bars a nice texture. They complement the smooth silkiness of the nut butter and carob silkiness.
Almond Carob Crispy Fudge
- ½ cup Coconut oil - melted
- ¼ cup Almond butter
- ¼ cup Carob powder
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Sea Salt - pinch of
- ½ cup Rice Krispies cereal - or gluten free brand equivalent
- Line a small 8 inch square glass baking dish with cookie sheet
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth (except rice crisps)
- Add Rice crisps to smoothed mix (lightly stir to avoid breaking crisps into crumbs)
- Scoop mix into baking dish
- Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes (or until solid)
- Cut into squares (store in freezer)
If you give this gluten free vegan fudge a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way