These chocolate chip cookies are everything you ever wanted in your one bowl gluten-free vegan cookie recipe. An easy recipe for soft, chewy gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. So good they won’t even realize there dairy-free vegan & gluten-free
Classic Style Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
After a lot of testing; 6 rounds. We finally came up with the perfect soft and chewy gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookie.
Table of contents
Gluten-Free Flour - The key here is to use a premade Gluten-free flour that does contain xanthan gum like King Arthur or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free flours
Vegan Butter substitute - Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Options
- Enjoy Life - made with cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate and cocoa butter. Enjoy Life’s product are free from top 8 allergens like wheat, peanuts, dairy, casein, egg, fish and sulfites
- Trader Joe’s - made from cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter vanilla extract and soy lecithin
- Nestle Toll House - is labeled pure and simple free from peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, wheat, soy, fish and shellfish. They use UTZ certified Cocoa which means they support sustainable tea, coffee and cocoa farming
Can I Freeze The Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie Dough For Baking Later?
Yes, freezing cookie dough is so easy. Just make the dough according to the recipe directions and portion out. Freeze the already portioned out dough pieces. To make easy work over baking them whenever you want to. The perfect make-ahead treat!
More Vegan Gluten-free Desserts Recipes
PIN FOR LATER
Vegan Gluten-Free Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ⅓ cup Gluten-free flour with xanthan gum (anything like King Arthur Measure for Measure flour or Bob Red Mill)(280g)
- 1 egg Egg Replacer - like Bob’s Red Mill (10g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar (125g)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (125g)
- ½ cup Unsalted butter - splurge for the Miyoko’s Culture Vegan Butter. Can also use Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Pure coffee extract
- 2 tablespoons Plant-based Milk (30g) - we prefer almond or oat milk
- 10 ounces Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chips (215g)
- Coarse salt, for sprinkling optional
- Pecan, optional
- Preheat oven 350 degree
- Prepare vegan egg replacer mixture
- In bowl add the gluten-free flour, baking powder and salt
- In large bowl add melted butter and both sugars. Whisk to combine, working to break up any lumps in sugar until smooth
- Add milk, extracts and egg replacer
- Slowly combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Add chocolate chips and optionally pecans. Mix until chips are evenly distributed throughout.
- If you want your cookies to be fluffier. Wrap the cookie dough tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate ideally overnight or chill for at least 30 minutes before baking
- Line large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 20 cookie dough balls, each the size of 1 tablespoons and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown all over but still soft toward the center (16 to 20 minutes). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, or until set before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way