Delicious savory cornbread and pepper jack waffles they have a a sweet kick to them. An easy, savory dinner meal, that’s gluten free and tastes yummy too!
Who says waffles are only for breakfast? We say they can be enjoyed anytime of the day and this recipe is proof of that. Both of us coming from the South grew up with the understanding that cornbread and chili are great compliments. And this is no exception when it turns out you're making cornbread waffles. They're light and fluffy but have a rich full flavor you can appreciate and the pepper jack kicks it up a notch.
It's a complete and satisfying experience that's light gluten free and so very delicious.
SAVORY PEPPER JACK CORNBREAD GLUTEN-FREE WAFFLES & CHILI
- 1 box Gluten-Free cornbread mix
- ¾ cup unsweetened Almond Milk unsweetened Soymilk works as well
- 1 egg replacer
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- ½ chopped cooked mushrooms
- 1 cloves garlic diced & roasted
- ¼ cup vegan Pepper Jack cheese
- ¼ cup vegan Cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped roasted green chile pepper
- 1 15 oz red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 18 oz can of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ avocado diced
- Lightly grease and preheat waffle iron
- Mix gluten-free cornbread mix, egg replacer, sea salt, almond milk and butter together in a bowl and stir until smooth
- Add in Pepper Jack and Cheddar cheeses
- Add ½ of the roasted green chile pepper (save a few to add to the beans)
- Cook the red beans, tomato sauce, mushroom, garlic and chili powder in a saucepan
- Pour or spoon batter into waffle iron and cook until brown
- Top waffle with chili, cheese, pepper and slices of avocado.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way