A savory take on traditional sweet waffles. An easy, savory dinner meal, that’s gluten free and tastes yummy too. Easy to make and your family will love to.
Who says waffles are only for breakfast? We say they can be enjoyed anytime of the day and this recipe is proof of that. Both of us coming from the South grew up with the understanding that cornbread and chili are great compliments. And this is no exception when it turns out you're making cornbread waffles. They're light and fluffy but have a rich full flavor you can appreciate and the pepper jack kicks it up a notch.
Box Gluten-Free cornbread mix
Plant-based Milk & Egg Replacer
Green Chile pepper
See recipe card for full ingredients and quantities.
Lightly grease and preheat waffle iron
Mix gluten-free cornbread mix, egg replacer, sea salt, almond milk and butter together in a bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside.
Add in Pepper Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
Add ½ of the roasted green chile pepper (save a few to add to the beans)
Make the chili. Cook the red beans, tomato sauce, mushroom, garlic and chili powder in a saucepan over medium heat for ten minutes.
Pour or spoon batter into waffle iron and cook until brown
Top waffle with chili, cheese, pepper and slices of avocado.
Vegan Chili And Cornbread Waffles REE WAFFLES & CHILI
- 1 box Gluten-Free cornbread mix
- ¾ cup unsweetened Almond Milk unsweetened Soymilk works as well
- 1 egg replacer
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- ½ chopped cooked mushrooms
- 1 cloves garlic diced & roasted
- ¼ cup vegan Pepper Jack cheese
- ¼ cup vegan Cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped roasted green chile pepper
- 1 15 oz red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 18 oz can of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ avocado diced
- Lightly grease and preheat waffle iron
- Mix gluten-free cornbread mix, egg replacer, sea salt, almond milk and butter together in a bowl and stir until smooth
- Add in Pepper Jack and Cheddar cheeses
- Add ½ of the roasted green chile pepper (save a few to add to the beans)
- Cook the red beans, tomato sauce, mushroom, garlic and chili powder in a saucepan
- Pour or spoon batter into waffle iron and cook until brown
- Top waffle with chili, cheese, pepper and slices of avocado.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Leave a Reply