These vegan black bean Taquitos make a really simple and quick weekday dinner. We used black bean as a high protein filler but you can just as easily use tofu or other types of beans like refried pintos as great fillers too.
You can make this one bowl recipe even simpler by adding in a taco seasoning pack to the black beans mixture and skipping the individual spices.
This plant-based dinner recipe is a great opportunity to include the kids and to repurpose leftovers. The recipe is so simple kids can easily be apart of the cooking process with heat or knives being involved.
Corn tortillas can be a little tricky; small and easy to break, but our go-to gluten-free tortilla's are by the brand Mission. When we make taco's we use two small tortillas to help with the breaking.
We oven baked these vegan black bean taquitos but deep frying makes them extra crispy and we'll be testing this recipe out in our air fryer soon.
BLACK BEAN TAQUITOS
- 10 corn tortillas 6 inch
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced red and green bell peppers
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a bowl combine the diced peppers, diced white onion, diced tomatoes, and sweet corn and set aside
- In a food processor add the black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin and smoked paprika, pulse 3 to 4 times until ingredients are mixed slightly.
- Heat tortillas until flexible
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of the mixed ingredients into the tortillas
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over
- Roll the tortillas and brush them lightly with olive oil (hold with a toothpick if necessary)
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown
- Remove and top warm tortillas with vegan sour cream
- Top with pepper, tomato and onion mix garnishes
Be sure to check out our other vegan gluten-free dinner and if you give this gluten free vegan dish a try let us know! Comment below and let us know how you enjoyed it.
The Vgn Way
Live Love and Eat Good Food!