These taco stuffed bell peppers are a weeknight winner. Because of its super simple ingredient’s list, it’s easy to make and tasty! This is definitely a tried and true recipe we’ve all seen before. But the reason it last is two-part, it super quick to make and it’s a very adaptable recipe.
Here we made a taco version of stuffed peppers. Some other twist could be an Indian inspired version with potatoes, onions and seasoned with chili, turmeric, coriander, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice and top with a little chutney. Another could be an Italian pizza inspired version made vegan.
Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers We like to use the sweet yellow and orange, reds are the sweetest
- 2 cup soy crumbles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1 can black beans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash bell peppers. Cut tops of peppers off, scoop out seeds with spoon. If needed cut of enough of the bottom of the peppers so they stand.
- Place in a oiled baking dish and set aside.
- In large pan add little oil and dump all your ingredients (minus peppers) crumbles, beans, taco seasoning, corn and diced tomato. Saute over medium-low heat and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Divide mixture into the pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Top with your cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based gluten-free dinner recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way