Quick, easy and dairy-free. This healthy plant-based shrimp pasta is so creamy and full of flavor!Jump to Recipe
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes
Missing your favorite restaurant dish; make this dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Alfredo version and enjoy it again at home.
This cheesy vegan alfredo sauce is a dairy-free; cashew-based sauce. That’s great with gluten-free pasta and also so good over a baked potato with roasted broccoli.
Ingredients For Creamy Vegan Shrimp Pasta
- Konjac Root Shrimp - where to buy vegan shrimp online
- Raw Cashews - how this non-dairy sauce get its creaminess. Raw cashews are more neutral in flavor and will have a creamier result when blended.
- Nutritional Yeast - gives cheesy and umami flavor
- Plant-based Milk - adds to creamy smooth texture
- Jalapeño - just a touch of heat
Can I Use Roasted Instead Of Raw Cashews?
Raw cashews are more neutral in flavor and after soaking them; will have a creamier, less gritty texture when blended. Roasted cashews have a more pronounced nutty flavor but make a fine substitute for raw in recipes like this Alfredo sauce. But wouldn’t be great for recipes like cheesecake
Substitute For Milk In Alfredo Sauce
Dairy-free Alfredo sauce can be made with a number of ingredients like dairy-free yogurt, cauliflower, white beans, coconut milk or silken tofu. For our sauce we prefer to make it with cashews for two reasons. They have a rich creamy texture in the sauce and they add protein to this dish since the vegan shrimp are mostly carbohydrates.
Which Gluten-free Pasta Tastes The Best?
We have two gluten-free pastas that we recommend all the time.
Anyone who has had the misfortune of trying some of the; lets be totally honest, awful gluten-free pastas out there. Knows the disappointment to a plate of gummy, grainy stuck together pasta. So we take our recommendations seriously. What makes them great is good texture and great taste; just “like real pasta”; what you remember pasta being like before going gluten-free.
For a splurge go for La Fabbrica Della pasta and a more budget friendly option but also good, Barilla pasta.
Can I Make Ahead & Freeze
The sauce will keep for 3 days. You can make ahead to enjoy the next day. The sauce will thicken after sitting. Just add a tad more milk or water to thin. You can also freeze it for up to two months.
More Vegan Konjac Shrimp & Seafood Recipes
Easy Homemade Vegan Shrimp Alfredo Sauce With Cashews (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free) Olive Garden Inspired
- Food Processor/Heavy Duty Blender
- 1 cup Raw Cashews - soaked, drained & rinsed (in 2 cups of water)
- 3/4 cup Plant-based Milk - we prefer Almond or Oat Milk
- 1 Garlic cloves - peeled
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 medium Onion - chopped
- 1/4 Jalapeño - with seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 package Konjac Root Shrimp
- 1 package Gluten-Free Pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place cashews in heat proof bowl. Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 2 hours. Drain cashews (Could soak overnight too, but heat helps break down cashews to get a smoother sauce)
Prepping For Cooking Shrimp And Pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- Place shrimp on a parchment lined sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes then flip konjac vegan shrimp and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Prepare gluten-free pasta according to package directions about 10 - 12 minutes
Prepare Vegan Gluten-Free Alfredo Sauce
- Add drained cashews, garlic, jalapeño, lemon juice, onion, nutritional yeast, rosemary, salt, pepper and plant-based milk to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth about 10-12 minutes
- Add sauce to small microwave bowl and heat for few minutes until warm
- Add gluten-free pasta to bowl, cover with sauce, add plant-based shrimp and enjoy
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
We hope you love easy homemade vegan shrimp alfredo sauce as much as we do. If you make them please be sure to leave a comment & a rating so we know how you liked them.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way