All The Delicious Moist, Sweet And Buttery Flavor You Love. This Easy To Make, One Bowl Vegan Jiffy Cornbread Is A Southern Classic. Dairy-Free & Egg-Free Too.
Just Like Jiffy Cornbread Mix But Better Gluten-Free & Vegan too.
- Cornbread - a must for cornbread! It give the bread its beautiful golden-brown color and the grainy, delicious consistency.
- Flour - we used gluten-free but if your diet allows you can use All-purpose flour.
- Chickpea Flour - the perfect cornbread is made with the perfect ratio of flour and cornmeal. We’re always looking for ways to sneak in protein and this cornbread is no exception. We always have quinoa and chickpea flour on deck and test to see if the recipe can handle adding one. We were happily surprised that we didn’t notice any difference what so ever with the addition of the chickpea flour and got to add a little protein. We used Bob’s Red Mill that very easy to find but you could leave out and double the all purpose flour used instead.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400° and lightly oil a 8x8 pan.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine both of the flours, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Step 3: Mix your dry ingredients together until well combined.
Step 4: Stir in plant based milk then stir in the canola oil until well combined.
Step 5: Pour batter into prepared pan.
Step 6: Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown (test with a toothpick, it should come out clean after inserting in the middle).
Step 7: Add a drizzle of agave, vegan honey or regular honey (depending on your dietary needs) across the top.
It depends, some store bought mixes may used wheat or gluten additives so always read your labels to confirm.
Always get grains that are certified gluten-free; specifically made in a gluten-free facility to avoid cross-contamination.
However, cornmeal is made of ground yellow corn and corn is naturally gluten-free. Chickpea flour is made from garbanzo beans both naturally gluten-free.
We always use certified gluten-free flours to avoid the possibility contamination. As well as rereading the ingredient labels of regularly purchased brands in case of reformulation that does happen from time to time.
- To Store. Leftovers cornbread can be refrigerated in an airtight container and consumed within 1 week.
- Freeze. Yes, you can freeze your cornbread. Just tightly wrap in plastic wrap. Place in freezer safe ziplock bag. Place in refrigerator to defrost, reheat when ready to serve.
This Cornbread Goes Great With
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
Vegan Jiffy Cornbread
- ½ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup + 4 tablespoons Chickpea flour
- 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
- 1½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ cup Sugar - you can use ½ cup for a less sweet cornbread
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 ¼ cup Unsweetened Plant Based Milk
- ⅓ cup Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400° and lightly oil a 8x8 pan
- In a large bowl , combine both of the flours, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.½ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, ½ cup + 4 tablespoons Chickpea flour, 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal, 1½ teaspoon Salt, 1 tablespoon Baking Powder, ⅔ cup Sugar
- Mix your dry ingredients together until well combined
- Stir in plant based milk then stir in the canola oil until well combined⅓ cup Canola oil, 1 ¼ cup Unsweetened Plant Based Milk
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown (test with a toothpick)
- Add a drizzle of agave honey, vegan honee, or regular honey across the top
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It is a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you give this vegan gluten-free cornbread recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
just like Jiffy cornbread 👍🏾