A Perfect Blend Of Sweet, Savory And Smokey Flavors. These Easy To Make Homemade Baked Beans Are A Classic Summer Cookout/ Barbecue Side Dish And Perfect With Our Mushroom & Tofu Veggie Skewers.
We are excited about this easy to make baked beans recipe and using canned beans to reclaim our time. Because no one wants a hot stove on in the middle of summer.
How Do You Make 3-Minute Vegan Baked Beans?
The secret to these quick and easy baked beans: an Instant Pot pressure cooker and ready to eat canned navy beans. It’s that easy!
Using canned beans keeps this recipe as easy as possible. No soaking required.
Gather your ingredients. Add to pot. Add cook. Its that easy.
Can I Use Dried Beans Instead Of Canned Beans?
Yes, but of course the recipe will no longer be quick. Dried beans are a great cheap option but require a little more prep work. Follow package instructions. One 15 oz can of Navy beans equals ½ cup of dried beans. To substitute you’ll need about 1 cup of dried beans.
Leftovers should be refrigerated in an airtight container and consumed within 1 week.
Can I Freeze Baked Beans?
Let plant-based baked beans cool completely, then store in a freezer-safe, airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat
Making Ahead Of Time
Yes, its actually better if you do. The flavor actually intensifies as the beans sit, so good. Prepping ahead of time is also a great time-saver for the summer barbecue. And a great time saver when meal prepping, or batch cooking.
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce - this item is definitely a must to get the deep smoky flavor. Most Worcestershire sauce brands are not vegan-friendly because they contain anchovies. Here are a few brands that make vegan varieties: Simple Truth (Kroger) brand, Whole Foods 365 and Annie’s organic
- Blackstrap Molasses - is a thick syrup that people use as a sweetener. It is a byproduct of the sugar-making process, and it comes from crushed sugar cane or sugar beets. Molasses has a warm, sweet, somewhat smoky flavor.
Related Vegan Gluten-Free Barbecue Recipes
- Barbecue Jackfruit
- Tofu Vegetable Skewers
- Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Vegan Gluten-free Mac and Cheese
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake
Easy Quick Instant Pot Vegan Baked Beans (Gluten-Free)
- Instant Pot
- 2-15oz cans Navy Beans - Do not drain beans
- ½ cup Onions - Diced
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 5 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Dice onion
- Spray inside of inner pot with a little spray oil for easier clean up.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot
- Close and lock the lid
- Select “Pressure Cook” button
- Select “Pressure Level” button and select high
- Set for 3 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the pressure to build and begin the 3 minute cooking cycle.
- After the instant pot completes the 3 minute pressure cooking cycle; allow to sit for 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure
- Open quick release valve
- Unlock & remove lid
- Keep them warm until you’re ready to serve.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe
Leave a comment with your favorite vegan barbeque menu item, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
Be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way