A Full Proper Vegan English Breakfast With Gluten-Free Toast. A Guide To A Semi-Homemade Fry 'Em Up. A Substantial Meal That Can Be Enjoyed Anytime Of The Day. Breakfast For Dinner Anyone? An Easy And Quick Protein-Centric Cooked Breakfast.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions for this semi homemade vegan full english brekkie are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store and substitutes.
What Is A Full English Breakfast?
“A full breakfast (also full english) is a substantial cooked breakfast meal served in the United Kingdom and Ireland, that typically includes bacon, sausage, eggs, Black pudding, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast, and a beverage such as coffee or tea” via wikipedia.
An english breakfast is also referred to as a vegan “fry up" in most areas of Great Britain which completely makes sense because that’s exactly what this cooked vegan breakfast is, fried. We cheated a little and baked the sausage and bacon to get everything on the breakfast table at pretty much the same time.
This hearty english fry up recipe is completely plant based and gluten-free but honestly we wouldn’t refer to this as a healthy breakfast as the calorie count is high; and nearly everything is fried, we consider this cooked breakfast more our weekend splurge, or our cheat meal for the week. Fried sausage and bacon is still fried sausage and bacon right. But every now and then a splurge is fine.
Ingredients For Vegan English Breakfast
- Vegan Fried Egg
- Vegan Bacon
- Fried Tomatoes
- Vegan Sausage Links
- Homemade Baked Beans
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to prepare vegan bacon and sausage according to package directions.
Or to save time. Heat vegan canned baked beans. Heinz has vegan beanz in tomato sauce. Trader Joe’s carries vegan gluten-free canned baked beans.
Line baking trays with parchment paper. Place sausages & bacon on baking sheets. Cook.
In a medium frying pan on medium heat. Add olive oil, cook mushrooms with tomatoes. Cook until slightly crispy on the outside.
Wipe frying pan down with paper napkins. Add buttered bread and cook until golden brown
In other pan (nonstick is preferable) cook the vegan fried egg according to package directions.
Assemble your vegan full english breakfast plate with baked beans, mushrooms, sausage, bacon, fried egg and tomato and toast
What Do Baked Beans Taste Like?
Light sweet molasses flavor, tomatoey, complimented by a rich smokiness.
What Do Vegan Fried Eggs Taste Like?
On there own a little flavorless, but the yolk has hints of egg flavor. It's a little chewy but works great in this recipe with all the other flavors. Would buy again just be sure to season or use in a flavorful dish.
Substitutions You Can Make
English Breakfast Vegan & Gluten-Free Eggs Options
Vegan & Gluten-Free Sausage Options
- Beyond Meat Breakfast Sausage Links & Patties
- Impossible Foods Plant-Based Sausage Spicy or Savory
- Hilary's Breakfast Sausage
- Target’s Good & Gather Plant-based Sausage Links
The vegan fried eggs are best eaten within a day or two of cooking and don't refreeze well after cooking.
More Cooked Vegan Breakfast Recipes You May Like
A Proper Vegan English Breakfast (Gluten-Free)
- 2 Medium Frying Pans
- Rubber spatula
- 2 Baking Sheets
- 8 slices Pure Knead Vegan Gluten-Free Bread
- 3 teaspoons Earth Balance Buttery spread - or similar butter substitute
Vegan Baked Beans - 2 cups for this recipe. Full recipe linked aboved. Can substitute vegan canned Baked Beans to save on time.
- 2 -15oz cans Navy Beans
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Red Onion
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 5 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
Vegan Sausage and Bacon
- 1 package Vegan Bacon - we like Hooray vegan bacon
- 1 package Vegan Sausage - we like Hooray Foods plant-based bacon
- 2 Tomatoes - sliced
- 2 cups Mushrooms - sliced
Few teaspoons of olive oil to fry mushroom’s & tomatoes
Fried Vegan Eggs
- 4 Vegan Fried Eggs - Beleaf brand
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to prepare vegan bacon and sausage according to package directions.
- Prepared vegan homemade baked beans in instant pot (link to recipe above). Or heat vegan canned baked beans in small pot.
- Line baking trays with parchment paper. Place sausage links on one and vegan bacon on other baking sheet. Place in oven. Cook according to package directions
- Rinse and slice tomatos and mushrooms
- In a large frying pan on medium heat. Add olive oil, place mushrooms on one side of frying pan and tomatoes on other side. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook until tomatoes are slightly crispy on the outside, stirring mushrooms occasionally. Cook for ⅘ minutes until golden and set aside.
- Wipe frying pan down with paper napkins. Add 4 sliced of buttered bread and cook until nice an golden brown around edges of your toast set aside. Repeat with remaining bread.
- In other pan cook the vegan fried egg according to package directions. Set aside (see above for additional options)
- Start assembling your vegan full english breakfast plate add baked beans, fried mushrooms, sausage, bacon, fried egg and tomato and toast.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Pin This Recipe For Later!
This veganise english breakfast recipe is a hearty and high protein breakfast option. If you give this recipe and try please let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based breakfast.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way