This healthy dairy-free Banana Ginger Turmeric smoothie with fresh bananas, turmeric and ginger is the perfect way to start the day or as a post workout snack. It's quick, delicious and packed with antioxidants. It only requires 9 ingredients; most already in your pantry.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store and nutritional information.
Why You'll Love This Vegan Smoothie
It's creamy, delicious & perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
Easy to Make. From prep to drinking. This smoothie takes under ten minutes to make. Which means it's a quick breakfast or lunch or easy workout snack.
Benefit of Turmeric* Turmeric is powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. The active compound Curcumin may lower your risk of heart disease. It may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
Bananas are provide a hearty dose of potassium.
Bananas are a tasty and convenient source of some important nutrients like potassium which helps manage blood pressure because it helps you get rid of sodium. Potassium also relaxes the walls of your blood vessels, which also helps lower your blood pressure. A good source of prebiotics and fiber, great for digestion. *[Nutritional Benefits Via WebMD]
Non-dairy milk of your choice - we prefer Almond milk or Oat milk (store-bought or homemade).
Bananas - ripen and sliced - fresh or frozen.
Turmeric - we use ground turmeric because it’s easy to find and keep stocked. Turmeric, aka “the golden spice,” has been used for centuries in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine, and has become popular in the U.S. as a dietary supplement because of its Superfood status and benefits.
Cinnamon - adds sweet and woody flavors and is full of nutrients.
Mejdool Dates - as a natural sweetener. These are the bigger, stickier dates and will give your smoothie great texture and a caramel taste.
Ginger - optional; for more antioxidants, warmth and spiciness. Here’s the equivalent: 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger = approximately ⅓ teaspoon ground ginger.
Hemp seeds - Optional, but a great way to add Omega 3’s & 6’s to your day.
See recipe card for quantities.
We love to save money and pickup fresh banana’s from Costco to cut up and freeze in a ziplock bag for later. But if you need to save time you can also buy pre cut bananas from the frozen section of the grocery store.
Vitamix or a High Powered Bullet blender
Turmeric, a relative of ginger, is an ideal way to add powerful anti-inflammatories and strong antioxidants to your diet.
Adding banana’s to the smoothie is the perfect way to disguise turmeric’s strong earthy, peppery flavor.
How To Make A Banana Turmeric Smoothie
Add ice cubes, non-dairy milk and bananas to blender. Blend for 15 seconds.
Add oatmeal, dates, almond butter, turmeric, cinnamon, maple syrup and dates. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. About 1 minute.
Adjust the thickness. If too thick, thin with water or more dairy-free milk. If too thin add a few slices of bananas.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more dates for sweetness. Top with hemp seeds.
Serve and enjoy!
Best when fresh, if you have any left it will keep in the refrigerator for a day.
Vegan Tropical Dragonfruit Smoothie
Easy Banana Turmeric Smoothie
- Vitamix or Bullet Blender
- ½ cup Non-dairy milk almond/cashew store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- 1 cup Banana - ripen and sliced. About 2 medium bananas. You can use fresh or frozen banana.
- ¼ cup Rolled oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon Almond butter
- ¾ teaspoon Turmeric - ground
- ¼ Cinnamon - ground
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 4 Pitted dates - adjust depending on level of sweetness desired
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger - ground or fresh. Optional for more warmth + spice. About 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger for every ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Hemp seeds - optional
- Add ice cubes, non-dairy milk and bananas to blender. Blend for 30 seconds.½ cup Non-dairy milk almond/cashew, 1 cup Ice cubes, 1 cup Banana
- Add oatmeal, dates, almond butter, turmeric, cinnamon, maple syrup and dates. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. About 1 minute.¼ cup Rolled oatmeal, ¾ teaspoon Turmeric, ¼ Cinnamon, 1 tablespoon Maple syrup, 4 Pitted dates, 1 tablespoon Almond butter
- Adjust the thickness. If too thick, thin with water or more dairy-free milk. If too thin add a few slices of bananas.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more dates for sweetness. Top with hemp seeds.Hemp seeds
- Serve and enjoy!
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Just made this and used agave instead of maple syrup. Had just ran out of almond butter so used cashew butter – absolutely yum.