How to make a quick breakfast Tofu scramble?
This simple tofu scramble recipe is a mainstay in our breakfast rotation. It's an easy recipe that's full of flavor and keeps you filled all morning.
Tofu's neutral flavor makes it a perfect master of disguise and adding nutritional yeast compliments it well giving it a great egg-like flavor.
My boyfriend and I differ as far as breakfast is concerned. I personally like a light breakfast while he enjoys a heavier one. This tofu scramble can work either by itself or by adding toast and grits to make a satisfying southern style breakfast, that's not too heavy on the stomach and not so light; that in his case, he feels like he's still hungry.
Don’t forget, tofu scramble is a great recipe to use any of the leftovers you have from the week.
Leftover greens like asparagus and kale work especially well.
- 1 pack Firm tofu
- ½ cup Red onion diced
- ⅓ cup Peppers Red diced Yellow and/or Green peppers
- ½ cup Mushroom diced optionally 2 teaspoon of TJ mushroom seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast heaping
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1½ teaspoon Garlic Powder reserve ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste ½ teaspoon
- ½ cup Spinach, shredded
- Pepper to taste ¼ teaspoon
- Drain tofu - approximately 20 minutes
- In medium saute pan add onions, peppers and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and saute
- Crumb tofu in bowl
- Add everything except spinach to crumbed tofu; stir to combine, add to pan and cook for 6 minutes
- Add spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cook an additional 2 minutes
Enjoy! Leftovers can be kept until the next day, great for breakfast burritos
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way