How To Make A Quick Breakfast Tofu Scramble?
This simple tofu scramble recipe is a mainstay in our breakfast rotation. It's an easy recipe that's full of flavor and keeps you filled all morning.
Tofu's neutral flavor makes it a perfect master of disguise and adding nutritional yeast compliments it well giving it a great egg-like flavor.
My boyfriend and I differ as far as breakfast is concerned. I personally like a light breakfast while he enjoys a heavier one. This tofu scramble can work either by itself or by adding toast and grits to make a satisfying southern style breakfast, that's not too heavy on the stomach and not so light; that in his case, he feels like he's still hungry.
Don’t forget, tofu scramble is a great recipe to use any of the leftovers you have from the week.
Leftover greens like asparagus and kale work especially well.
OTHER GREAT VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE BREAKFAST RECIPES
- 1 pack Firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala Namak AKA Himalayan Black Salt -It has high sulfur content giving it an eggy smell and taste perfect for this dish
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast heaping
- ⅓ cup Peppers Red diced Yellow and/or Green peppers
- ½ cup Mushroom diced optionally 2 teaspoon of TJ mushroom seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1½ teaspoon Garlic Powder reserve ½ teaspoon
- ½ cup Spinach, shredded
- ½ cup Red onion diced
- Pepper to taste ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste ½ teaspoon
- Drain tofu - approximately 20 minutes
- In medium saute pan add onions, peppers and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and saute
- Crumb tofu in bowl
- Add everything except spinach to crumbed tofu; stir to combine, add to pan and cook for 6 minutes
- Add spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cook an additional 2 minutes
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe
Enjoy! Leftovers can be kept until the next day, great for breakfast burritos
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way