Perfect for breakfast or brunch. This vegan Just Egg quiche baked in a buttery flaky gluten-free crust filled with spinach, mushrooms and ooey gooey vegan cheese. Easy to make and delicious.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes.
With Shad being vegan and me being gluten-free we haven’t had a decent quiche in quite a long while. But oh happy day this recipe delivers. No hate on vegan quiche with egg replacers like tofu or chickpea but the Just Egg filling is moist, fluffy and with the onions, red peppers and onions it’s flavor packed.
What Is Just Egg Products?
Just Egg is a plant-based egg substitute product made from mung beans. It scrambles just like eggs and it also makes an excellent quiche filling. To find it, check the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
Can You Buy Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust?
YES! you can buy pre-made pie crust at the grocery store. Most are not vegan and gluten-free but we found one that’s sold nationwide. Wholly Wholesome. We’ve recommended there products before with our vegan gluten-free white pizza. They are certified vegan and they also have a gluten-free version. You can find them in the freezer section at many mainstream supermarkets.
Just Egg - Egg Replacer
Non Dairy Cheese - Plant-based vegan cheese
Pie Crust - Premade Vegan Gluten-free Wholly Wholesome pie crust
- To Store. Cool before refrigerating then cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Store for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze. Cool before freezing then wrap the quiche tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze quiche in an airtight freezer-safe storage bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in microwave or in oven at 350 until heated through.
Can I Make It In Advance?
Yes you can. The simplest solution is to bake it a day before and reheat your slices in the microwave. Since it takes a while for the Just Egg mixture to set you really don’t want to partially bake it.
More Savory Vegan Breakfast Recipe
Easy Vegan Quiche With Just Egg (With Gluten-Free Crust)
- Mixing bowl
- Baking Sheet
- 1 - 9 inch Gluten-Free Pie Crust - premade, we prefer Vegan Wholly Wholesome
Vegan Quiche filling
- 1 bottle Just Egg
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach - lightly packed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms - chopped
- 1/3 cup Red Peppers - diced
- 1/3 cup Non-Dairy Cheese
- 1/4 cup Onions - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Shake the Just Egg bottle vigorously so there’s no separation. In a large bowl add mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, spices and stir to combine.1 bottle Just Egg, 1/2 cup Mushrooms, 1/3 cup Red Peppers, 1/4 cup Onions, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1/4 teaspoon Pepper, 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- Place pie shell on baking sheet to catch any over flow in oven.1 - 9 inch Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Sprinkle vegan cheese into bottom of pie shell then pour Just Egg mixture into pie shell.1/3 cup Non-Dairy Cheese
- Bake at 350F for 55 minutes or until it’s no longer jiggly in the center and a toothpick/knife comes out clean (except for melted cheese). Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
PIN for later!
This quiche is so good and delicious it doesn’t have to be just a special occasion dish for Easter or Mother’s day. This is something you can place in heavy breakfast or brunch rotation.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way