We saw this recipe and immediately knew we had to try it. We went to our go-to vegan buttermilk biscuit recipe in order to make these moist, flaky and delicious gluten-free vegan Strawberry Buttermilk biscuits.
Adapted from the wonderful PinkOwlKitchen.com
Gluten-free Vegan Strawberry Buttermilk Biscuits
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 ½ cups Gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons Baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 8 tablespoons Plant based butter - cold
- 1 cup Strawberries - diced
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet
- Create buttermilk by combining almond milk and apple cider vinegar, let it sit for 20 minutes
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl. (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.)
- Mix dry ingredients
- Cut the cold plant based butter into the flour mix in small pieces, mixing into the flour
- Add strawberries to flour mix
- Finally add buttermilk to mixture
- Work dough, roll onto a clean surface and cut discs, placing each onto the sheet of parchment paper
- Put biscuits into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits util golden brown
The original recipe's amounts were changed because the strawberries added some extra liquid that will make the gluten-free dough sticky.
Looking For More Vegan Gluten Free Desserts try our gluten free Strawberry Shortcakes.
If you give this gluten-free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway and be sure to check out more of our plant-based gluten-free breakfast recipes
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way