Adapted from the wonderful PinkOwlKitchen.com
These gluten-free vegan strawberry buttermilk biscuits are tender, buttery and fluffy. Featuring fresh strawberries. These homemade Strawberry Biscuits are easy to make and perfect for brunch and breakfast.
We saw this recipe and immediately knew we had to try it. We went to our go-to vegan buttermilk biscuit recipe in order to make these moist, flaky and delicious gluten-free vegan Strawberry Buttermilk biscuits.
How Do You Make Gluten-Free Biscuits?
Biscuits are one of the easier baked items to make. And gluten-free biscuits are no different.
The basic biscuits making steps are the same: Mixing flour, cutting in cold butter, adding your butter milk, kneading the dough and shaping the biscuits and then baking
- Fresh Strawberries - number one question we get asked all the time can you use frozen strawberries. We tried and do not recommend. Trying to offset the extra moisture from the frozen berries is tough. Baking without gluten, eggs, dairy butter and milk is already a big enough challenge. We strongly suggest getting fresh strawberries.
- Vegan Buttermilk - adds a nice tangy to the biscuits as well as help the biscuit be more flaky and to rise better. Its very ease to make your own vegan version.
More Vegan Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
Gluten-free Vegan Strawberry Buttermilk Biscuits
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 ½ cups Gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons Baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 8 tablespoons Plant based butter - cold
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries - diced
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet
- Create vegan buttermilk by combining almond milk and apple cider vinegar, let it sit for 20 minutes
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl. (Flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.)
- Mix dry ingredients
- Cut the cold plant based butter into the flour mix in small pieces, mixing into the flour
- Add fresh strawberries to flour mix
- Finally add vegan buttermilk to mixture
- Work dough, roll onto a clean surface and cut discs, placing each onto the sheet of parchment paper
- Put biscuits into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits util golden brown
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Looking For More Vegan Gluten Free Desserts try our gluten free Strawberry Shortcakes.
If you give this gluten-free vegan Buttermilk Strawberry Biscuits recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway and be sure to check out more of our plant-based gluten-free breakfast recipes
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way