These light, moist and fluffy Strawberry shortcakes are topped with fresh strawberries and sweet coconut whipped cream and best of all, these easy homemade shortcakes are gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free.
Spring time means, it's finally the beginning of another amazing strawberry season.
For us that means going out, buying a bunch and making a warm, spongy vegan gluten-free Strawberry Shortcake. You'll love this recipe; golden, fluffy cakes that melts in your mouth.
What Is A Good Dairy-free Vegan Heavy Cream Substitute ?
We've always had a hard time trying to find or create a good vegan whipped cream. We've modified this recipe to use a Chobani Oat product that we've been seeing on our grocery shelves lately and gets really good results. The Chobani oat milk is labeled as "plain extra creamy" and it does the trick. We know you're going to absolutely love this recipe and how delicious it is.
How To Make Gluten-free Lemon Bars?
The key to making this a gluten-free recipe is a shortbread crust that uses gluten-free all purpose flour. We like the King Arthur and Bob’s Red Mill brands of gluten-free flour.
We didn’t use almond flour because of the nuttier flavor of the flour.
More Great Vegan Summer Desserts
How To Make Vegan/Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Ramekins Round Shape - 5 Ounce -Set of 6, 4.8 x 0.8 Inch
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Shortening
- 1 Egg, using egg replacer - we use Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Egg Replacer, as directed.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cups Gluten free, All purpose flour - we use King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
- 2 teapoons Baking powder
- ½ cup Almond milk - we use unsweetened plain almond milk.
- 1 cup Heavy plant based whipping cream (whipped) - we use Chobani Oat milk, Plain Extra Creamy (in the red container)
- 1 ½ quarts Fresh Strawberries - Chop into halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease round ramekins and set aside
- Whip heavy cream, until fluffy (we use an electric mixer to whip it fast) (set aside)
- In a bowl, add cream, sugar, and shortening (mix a few times)
- Add egg replacer and vanilla (mix well)
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add alternately, dry ingredients and milk to cream mixture
- Pour into individual ramekins and place on baking sheet
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes
- Add strawberries and whipped cream
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Be sure to check out our other vegan gluten-free desserts and if you give this vegan gluten-free Strawberry Shortcake a try let us know! Comment below and let us know how you enjoyed it.
The Vgn Way
Live Love and Eat Good Food!