How To Make Vegan/Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Ramekins Round Shape – 5 Ounce -Set of 6, 4.8 x 0.8 Inch
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 1 Egg, using egg replacer – we use Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Egg Replacer, as directed.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten free, All purpose flour – we use King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
- 2 teapoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Almond milk – we use unsweetened plain almond milk.
- 1 cup Heavy plant based whipping cream (whipped) – we use Chobani Oat milk, Plain Extra Creamy (in the red container)
- 1 1/2 quarts Fresh Strawberries – Chop into halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease round ramekins and set aside
- Whip heavy cream, until fluffy (we use an electric mixer to whip it fast) (set aside)
- In a bowl, add cream, sugar, and shortening (mix a few times)
- Add egg replacer and vanilla (mix well)
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add alternately, dry ingredients and milk to cream mixture
- Pour into individual ramekins and place on baking sheet
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes
- Add strawberries and whipped cream
Spring time means, it’s finally the beginning of another amazing strawberry season.
For us that means going out, buying a bunch and making a warm, spongy vegan gluten-free Strawberry Shortcake. You’ll love the recipe and its light-golden, fluffy cake that melts in your mouth.
What is a good dairy free vegan heavy cream substitute ?
We’ve always had a hard time trying to find or create a good whipped cream and recommend you use whatever heavy cream you’re used or can find. We’ve modified this recipe to use a Chobani Oat product that we’ve been seeing on our grocery shelves lately and gets really good results. The Chobani oat milk is labeled as “plain extra creamy” and it seems like it does the trick. We know you’re going to absolutely love this recipe and how delicious it is.
Be sure to check out our other vegan gluten-free desserts and if you give this vegan gluten-free Strawberry Shortcake a try let us know! Comment below and let us know how you enjoyed it.
The Vgn Way
Live Love and Eat Good Food!