Nothing completes a weekend brunch like warm buttermilk biscuits hot from the oven. Seems like we usually find ourselves enjoying them on the weekend because of the amount time need to prep and bake them.
Biscuits are definitely one of the most forgiving gluten-free baking items. We use baking powder for a good rise. We like to make a big batch on the weekend so we can grab and go during the week.
How To Make Vegan and Gluten-free Biscuits
- Baking Sheet
- Round or Square Biscuit Cutter
- Parchment Paper
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour like a Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a bowl, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar (set aside and let sit for 10 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut small pieces of cold butter into dry ingredients, until mixture looks like crumbs
- Add buttermilk, stirring until dough is well mixed (will be sticky)
- Flour a flat surface large enough for the sticky dough. Place dough onto floured surface and gently fold dough over several times until all dough is covered
- Cut biscuits, butter top lightly and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden on top
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Be sure to check out our grab and go vegan gluten-free breakfast sandwich recipe
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way