How To Make A Satisfying Vegan Jackfruit Potpie?
This plant-based and soy-free potpie is so simple and satisfying to make its:
& Simple to make
And our gluten-free vegan biscuits are light and flaky
How To Make Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Potpie
- 1 package Ready made vegan gluten-free biscuits We have a local bakery that sells V+GF ready made and we make our own. The recipe is on the site
- 4 tablespoons Margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Garlic clove - minced
- 3 Carrots - peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery seeds
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups "Chick'n" Broth - we use vegan Not-Chick'n bouillon cubes to make broth
- 2 cans Jackfruit
- 1 cups Frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Lemon juice - squeeze
- Black pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the thyme and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes
- Add the carrots and celery seed; sauté for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of flour and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Slowly and gradually, add the milk and the broth until mixture resembles a thick, creamy soup
- Add jackfruit and peas. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Arrange biscuits on top of filling
- Brush biscuits with milk or butter for extra browning
- Bake for 30 minutes or longer until hot, bubbly, and biscuits are cooked through
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way