This is our take on the southern comfort food classic; just veganized. It doesn't get any better than this Jackfruit Potpie a creamy mixture of jackfruit and vegetables in a rich and creamy gravy with a buttery vegan biscuit on top. This meatless pot pie is perfect for Sunday dinner and the holidays.
Why This Jackfruit Potpie Recipe Works
This plant-based and soy-free potpie is so simple and satisfying to make. Its Healthy, delicious and filling. Simple to make and our gluten-free vegan biscuits are light and flaky; perfect for potpie's topping.
For more vegan & gluten free casserole recipes perfect for the holidays, be sure to check out my Vegan Cauliflower Tamale pie, Easy Enchiladas and Mushroom Burgundy.
- Jackfruit - we use canned jackfruit in brine for this recipe. We like the Trader Joe's brand.
- Vegan Biscuits
- A Rich and Creamy Graving for the filling
- Vegetables - You can use fresh veggies in this homemade recipe or skip the prep and use frozen mixed vegetables. Mushrooms are also a great add-in for this dish.
See recipe card below for full list of ingredients and measurements.
Step- By- Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step 2: Either via our vegan biscuit recipe or using premade store bought.
Step 3: Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the thyme and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add the carrots and celery seed; sauté for 5 minutes.
Step 5: Sprinkle ½ cup of flour and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Step 6: Slowly and gradually, add the milk and the broth and simmer until mixture resembles a thick, creamy soup about 20 minutes.
Step 6: Sprinkle in Everything but the Leftovers seasoning and mix well.
Step 7: Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Add the jackfruit and peas. Using two forks to shred the Jackfruit. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Assemble Jackfruit Pot Pies
Step 8: Place ramekins on baking sheets. Pour the fillings into the ramekins.
Step 9: Arrange biscuits on top of filling.
Step 10: Brush biscuits with milk or butter for extra browning.
Step 11: Bake for 30 minutes or longer until hot, bubbly, and biscuits are cooked through.
To Store. Cool before refrigerating then cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Store for up to 4 days.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
How To Make Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Potpie
- 1 package Ready made vegan gluten-free biscuits We have a local bakery that sells V+GF ready made and we make our own. The recipe is on the site
- 4 tablespoons Margarine
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Garlic clove - minced
- 3 Carrots - peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon Celery seeds
- ½ cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 1 ½ cups "Chick'n" Broth - we use vegan Not-Chick'n bouillon cubes to make broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons Everything but the Leftovers seasoning - from trader joes
- 2 cans Jackfruit
- 1 cups Frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Lemon juice - squeeze
- Black pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the thyme and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes
- Add the carrots and celery seed; sauté for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle ½ cup of flour and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Slowly and gradually, add the milk and the broth until mixture resembles a thick, creamy soup
- sprinkle in Everything but the Leftovers seasoning and mix well
- Add jackfruit and peas. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Arrange biscuits on top of filling
- Brush biscuits with milk or butter for extra browning
- Bake for 30 minutes or longer until hot, bubbly, and biscuits are cooked through
Be sure to check out more of jackfruit recipes and plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Is there more to this recipe? I’d love to try it!
Thank You! and sorry about that. Guess it was a glitch in the Matrix 🙂 the recipe is back up in its entirety. Please let us know how you enjoy the recipe and share pics if you get an opportunity 🙂