Meal prepping works great for us; so that we have what we need and can easily grab and go if we're in a rush. Thats why we created recipes like this vegan, gluten-free, freezer breakfast sandwich; so that we are always prepared.
Make Ahead Vegan Gluten-Free Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Get ready for the best freezer friendly Vegan Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich ever. Meal prepping is key for our dietary restrictions and it's a big help at breakfast and lunch to have items ready to grab and go.
It can be hard to find good food on the go that are plant-based and gluten-free. And you can forget about adding on nut-free (we have those allergies too), soy-free and dairy-free restrictions. I literally have been served a handful of rice noodles and a piece (as in one) of bok choy, because people couldn't figure out what to serve me. Luckily, a friend came to the rescue with a bag of almonds. My lesson, was learned.
Where we get our vegan & gluten free prepared products from for our breakfast sandwiches?
- We pick up pre-made biscuit's in Atlanta at our local gluten free bakery Good Karma and if your not in Atlanta Pamela's make a good biscuit & scones mix
- For pre-made vegan and gluten-free sausage we enjoy Hilary's spicy and apple maple veggie sausage variety’s. You can pick Hilary's up at Sprouts, Kroger and Whole Foods.
How long do vegan gluten-free breakfast sandwiches last in the fridge?
Working in the test kitchen, we've noticed these vegan gluten-free breakfast sandwiches refrigerate well. For the fridge we would only recommend 1 or 2 days. However, if you freeze them they keep for a few weeks. To prepare them from the freezer the night before, take the sandwich down from the freezer and put it in the fridge. The next morning; all you have to do it microwave it for a few minutes, being careful to not over heat and dry out your biscuit. Enjoy your grab and go breakfast
Easy To Make Gluten-free Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuit - if your in the mood to cook rather than purchase, see below for link to our homemade biscuit recipe
- 4 Vegan Gluten-Free Sausage
- 1 package Tofu
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning Mix
- Either pre-made biscuit or make with our biscuit recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degree
- Remove tofu from package, no need to drain
- Slice tofu lengthwise. You will have 2 rectangle pieces. Take glass, cookie cut or just free-hand with knife. Cut 2 circle from each pieces of tofu
- Brush both slices of tofu with EVOO and seasonings
- Place on large baking sheet and add veggie sausage on baking sheet also
- After all your ingredients are done. Assembly sandwich.
- To prepare for freezer, place on parchment paper and wrap. Place the wrap sandwich on sheet of foil and wrap. Place in freezer zip lock bag
- When your ready to enjoy. Place frozen biscuit in fridge night before. In the morning microwave for a few minutes and enjoy
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Find our vegan gluten-free buttermilk biscuit recipe here
If you give this vegan gluten-free freezer breakfast sandwiches recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way