Make Ahead Vegan Gluten-Free Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Get ready for the best freezer friendly Vegan Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich ever. Meal prepping is key for our dietary restrictions and it's a big help at breakfast and lunch to have items ready to grab and go. It can be hard to find good food on the go that are plant-based and gluten-free. And you can forget about adding on nut-free (we have those allergies too), soy-free and dairy-free restrictions. I literally have been served a handful of rice noodles and a piece (as in one) of bok choy, because people couldn't figure out what to serve me. Luckily, a friend came to the rescue with a bag of almonds. My lesson, was learned.
Meal prepping works great for us; so that we have what we need and can easily grab and go if we're in a rush. Thats why we created recipes like this vegan, gluten-free, freezer breakfast sandwich; so that we are always prepared.
Where we get our vegan & gluten free prepared products from for our breakfast sandwiches?
- We pick up pre-made biscuit's in Atlanta at our local gluten free bakery Good Karma and if your not in Atlanta Pamela's make a good biscuit & scones mix
- For pre-made vegan and gluten-free sausage we enjoy Hilary's spicy and apple maple veggie sausage variety’s. You can pick Hilary's up at Sprouts, Kroger and Whole Foods.
How long do vegan gluten-free breakfast sandwiches last in the fridge?
Working in the test kitchen, we've noticed these vegan gluten-free breakfast sandwiches refrigerate well. For the fridge we would only recommend 1 or 2 days. However, if you freeze them they keep for a few weeks. To prepare them from the freezer the night before, take the sandwich down from the freezer and put it in the fridge. The next morning; all you have to do it microwave it for a few minutes, being careful to not over heat and dry out your biscuit. Enjoy your grab and go breakfast.
MEAL PREP BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- 4 Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuit
- 4 Vegan Gluten-Free Sausage
- 1 package Tofu
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning Mix
- Either pre-made biscuit or make with our biscuit recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degree
- Remove tofu from package, no need to drain
- Slice tofu lengthwise. You will have 2 rectangle pieces. Take glass, cookie cut or just free-hand with knife. Cut 2 circle from each pieces of tofu
- Brush both slices of tofu with EVOO and seasonings
- Place on large baking sheet and add veggie sausage on baking sheet also
- After all your ingredients are done. Assembly sandwich.
- To prepare for freezer, place on parchment paper and wrap. Place the wrap sandwich on sheet of foil and wrap. Place in freezer zip lock bag
- When your ready to enjoy. Place frozen biscuit in fridge night before. In the morning microwave for a few minutes and enjoy
Find our vegan gluten-free buttermilk biscuit recipe here
If you give this vegan gluten-free freezer breakfast sandwiches recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way