This vegan copycat Big Mac is so simple to make. Since most of the ingredients are already semi prepared. This semi homemade vegan hamburger comes together in under 15 minutes.
We wanted to veganize and remove the gluten from the classic McDonald’s Big Mac hamburger.
Now you can make your own Big Mac at home and skip the meat, wheat and drive-thru!
Luckily the sauce was the only ingredient we had to make from scratch. For our plant-based burger of two hamburger patties, American cheese, “special sauce” (really an altered Thousand Island dressing), iceberg lettuce, pickles, and onions, served on a sesame seed bun.
- Impossible or Beyond Vegan Ground Hamburger Patties
- Gluten-free Buns - We love the Pure Knead brand of hamburgers buns. To make them sesame seed buns; we melted vegan margarine, lightly applied margarine to bun tops, sprinkled with sesame seeds and toasted for a few minutes.
- Special sauce - veganized
Vegan Copycat Big Mac Sauce And Burger
- 2 packages Impossible Burger
- 1 package Gluten-Free Hamburger buns
- ½ cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Relish
- ½ tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 slices Vegan American Cheese
- ¼ cup Diced onions - finely diced
- Mix sauce
- Cook Impossible Burger Patties
- Toast Gluten-free buns
- Assemble: Two all-vegan patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a gluten-free sesame seed bun
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this vegan gluten-free Big Mac burger sauce and burger recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way