This vegan Big Mac sauce is so simple to make. 9 ingredients, most already in your pantry. The perfect vegan burger sauce for semi homemade vegan Big Mac in under 15 minutes.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store and nutritional information.
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Burger Sauce Recipe
An entirely plant-based & gluten-free Big Mac. Now you can make your own Big Mac with special sauce at home and skip the meat, wheat and drive-thru!
Easy to make; luckily the sauce was the only item we had to make from scratch. For our “two all vegan patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun”
- Vegan Mayo
- Sweet Relish
- Yellow Mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion powder
- Impossible or Beyond Hamburger Patties
- Gluten-free Buns - We love the Pure Knead brand of hamburgers buns. To make them sesame seed buns; we melted vegan margarine, lightly applied margarine to bun tops, sprinkled with sesame seeds and toasted for a few minutes.
See recipe card for quantities.
In a medium-sized bowl combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. Set Aside.
Cook Impossible/Beyond burgers patties per instructions on packaging.
Toast Gluten-free buns
Dice onions, chop the lettuce & don’t forget your pickle slices.
Assemble: Two all-vegan patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a gluten-free sesame seed bun.
The traditional sauce is not; as it contains non-vegan mayonnaise. However; this recipe is, because we’ve used vegan mayonnaise as a substitute.
The apple slices are the safest bet. The fries, and hash browns are fried with canola oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil and "natural beef flavor". The "natural beef flavor" is a wheat and milk derivative.
We like Schar available at Walmart or Amazon. Pure Knead available at Kroger grocery stores. Katz hamburger bun available online.
Let us know in the comments your favorite v/gf bun?
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Vegan Big Mac Sauce (Special Sauce)
- 2 packages Impossible Burger
- 1 package Gluten-Free Hamburger buns
Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Relish
- 1/2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 slices Vegan American Cheese
- 1/4 cup Diced onions - finely diced
- In a medium-sized bowl combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. Set Aside.1/2 cup Vegan mayonnaise, 1 tablespoons Yellow Mustard, 2 tablespoons Sweet Relish, 1/2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon Paprika, 1/4 teaspoon Salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cook Impossible/Beyond burgers patties per instructions on packaging. Add cheese slice to melt slightly.2 packages Impossible Burger, 2 slices Vegan American Cheese
- Toast Gluten-free buns1 package Gluten-Free Hamburger buns
- Dice onions, chop the lettuce & don’t forget your pickle slices.1/2 cup Shredded Lettuce, 1/4 cup Diced onions, Pickles
- Assemble: Two all-vegan patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a gluten-free sesame seed bun.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this vegan gluten-free Big Mac burger sauce and burger recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way