Grilled Vegetable Skewers Are Perfect For Plant-Based Grilling In The Summer
This recipe is so simple to make but all kinds of delicious. Enjoy the summer's bounty of fresh corn, sweet peppers and a spicy marinated tofu for your veggie skewers. Enjoy this recipe outside on the grill or roast in the oven inside
So, we recently went camping in the North Georgia mountains and of course we couldn't resist doing a few traditional things like making s'mores, plant-based burgers and especially vegan kabobs on a grill. Of course, we did it with a vegan and gluten-free twist on the classic Middle Eastern meat dish Kebab and that was the fun part.
These veggie skewers are so easy to make and are a great cooking activity to do with the kiddos. With the vegan kabobs we could try almost any combination of sweet and savory veggies we liked. And while we didn't get too adventurous on this camping trip; our next go around we plan on adding fresh peaches and pineapple to the mix.
We hope this becomes a new summer grilling go to for you like it has for us.
Looking for a quick and simple summer side check out our summer squash salsa recipe a big crowd pleaser.
More Great Summer Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes
How To Make Vegetable Kabobs
- Stovetop Grill Pan
- 2 Packages Tofu - Firm
- 1 Bottle Marirade - We used We Rub You Original Korean BBQ Sauce - Owned and operated by Korean American sisters Ann & Janet Chung.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper - To Taste
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper - chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Large Orange Bell Pepper - chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper - chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Large Red Onion - chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Package Baby Portobello Mushroom
- 2 Small Ears Sweet Corn - cut into fourths
- 12 Small Red Baby Potatos - parboil and cut in half
- Press tofu to drain excess water
- For the best favor marinate the tofu the night before; but at least 3 hours before grilling.
Prepare Grill Or Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
Prepare Veggie Skewers
- Cut tofu into 1- inch cubes
- Chop vegetables into bite size pieces. Toss in a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Skewer the ingredients with 2 pieces of tofu to every skewer and lots of veggies
- Grill them over medium heat on a grill for 10 minutes and then flip. Cook until slightly charred and vegetables are tender. Depending on the size of your tofu and vegetables (we like our pieces extra large) about an additional 10 minutes
- If preparing in oven cook for 18 to 20 minutes
- Enjoy as is or server with a side of barbeque sauce for dipping
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe
Leave a comment with your favorite vegan barbeque menu item, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
Be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
We have been trying to move away from meat in our house and this looks like it is RIGHT UP OUR ALLEY and Delicious!!!
I haven’t tried tofu yet but honestly this has convinced me to try it! Literally drooling on my screen! Good job!
I love a kebab and am eager to try this Korean sauce.