Grilled Vegetable Skewers Are Perfect For Plant-Based Grilling In The Summer
So, we recently went camping in the North Georgia mountains and of course we couldn’t resist doing a few traditional things like making s’mores, plant-based burgers and especially vegan kabobs on a grill. Of course, we did it with a vegan and gluten-free twist on the classic Middle Eastern meat dish Kebab and that was the fun part.
These veggie skewers are so easy to make and are a great cooking activity to do with the kiddos. With the vegan kabobs we could try almost any combination of sweet and savory veggies we liked. And while we didn’t get too adventurous on this camping trip; our next go around we plan on adding fresh peaches and pineapple to the mix.
We hope this becomes a new summer grilling go to for you like it has for us.
Looking for a quick and simple summer side check out our summer squash salsa recipe a big crowd pleaser.
How To Make Vegetable Kabobs
- Stovetop Grill Pan
- 2 Packages Tofu – Firm
- 1 Bottle Marirade – We used We Rub You Original Korean BBQ Sauce – Owned and operated by Korean American sisters Ann & Janet Chung.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper – chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Large Orange Bell Pepper – chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper – chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Large Red Onion – chopped in big pieces, no larger than 1-inch
- 1 Package Baby Portobello Mushroom
- 2 Small Ears Sweet Corn – cut into fourths
- 12 Small Red Baby Potatos – parboil and cut in half
- For the best favor marinate the tofu the night before; but at least 3 hours before grilling.
- Cut tofu into 1- inch cubes
- Skewer the ingredients with 2 pieces of tofu to every skewer and lots of veggies
- Grill them over medium heat on a grill for 10 minutes and then flipping and cooking for another 10 minutes
- Enjoy as is or server with a side of barbeque sauce for dipping
Leave a comment with your favorite vegan barbeque menu item, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
Be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way