These Watermelon Lime popsicles are the perfect thirst quenchers for hot summer days. Healthy, full of fresh fruit, delicious and easy to make. After you’ve had these gluten-free vegan popsicles you won’t go back to the store-bought again.
Why This Recipe Works
- These kid-friendly watermelon popsicles are easy to make.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free and the taste - sweet, tangy and minty.
- These watermelon popsicles are a perfect frozen treat to beat the heat.
This recipe needs just 6 ingredients.
- Seedless Watermelon
- Fresh Lime Juice
- A Few Mint Leaves
- Pectin - optional but it’s totally worth it, read why below.
Pectin, sugar and alcohol all help to lower the freezing point of the popsicle to ensure you don’t get rock hard, icy popsicle.
Pectin is a good ingredient to keep in the pantry. And you’ll definitely get your money’s worth. We use it in to make simple microwave Strawberry fruit jam.
Half a teaspoon of pectin for each cup of the liquid mixture will do the trick; you'll get a softer, smoother texture popsicle by adding the pectin.
Directions For Mint Simple Syrup
Of course you can buy simple syrup. But its super easy to make and will save you money and extra additives.
Make a double batch of simple syrup. This mint simple syrup is great for making sweet tea, cocktails or mocktails too.
Step 1: Put crushed mint leaves, sugar and water into a heatproof large oversized glass container stir to dissolve the sugar
Step 2: Microwave on high around 5 minutes
Step 3: Will bubble some but is ok because you have it in oversized container. Set aside.
Step 4: After it’s cooled transfer to a container with a lid, something like a measuring cup with a lid or mason jar, then refrigerate. Its great to have simple syrup on the ready for mix drinks, coffee and tea.
How to Pick a Sweet Watermelon
Here a guide to picking a perfectly ripe and sweet watermelon for you Watermelon popsicles.
Step by Step Popsicles Instructions
Step 1: Make simple syrup (see directions above).
Step 2: Add cubed watermelon to blender and blend until a smooth puree.
Step 3: Combine watermelon purée, mint simple syrup, juice from lime and a few chopped mint leaves.
Step 4: Pour liquid into popsicle mold.
Step 5: Freeze 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
If you do not have popsicle molds you can also buy Disposable Ice Popsicle mold bags as a alternative.
Silicone Popsicle molds - we recommend silicone over metal because it is flexible which makes releasing frozen pops easier.You can order online through Amazon or pickup molds at Wal-mart or Target.
Store popsicles in freezer, they will stay fresh in the freezer for 2 months.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
Homemade Watermelon Lime Popsicles
- 4 cups Seedless Watermelon - cubed - Should equal 3 cups liquid after blended in blender
- ½ Lime Juiced, equals about 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Mint leaves - chopped
- 2 teaspoons Pectin - note if you increase recipe you need 2 teaspoons for 4 cups of liquid
Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 7 leaves Mint -or 2 teaspoons mint extract
- Put sugar and water into a heatproof large oversized glass container stir to dissolve the sugar
- Microwave on high around 5 minutes
- Will bubble some but is ok because you have it in oversized container
- Set aside
- Add watermelon to blender and blend until smooth puree
- Combine watermelon purée, mint simple syrup, juice from lime and chopped mint leaves
- Pour liquid into popsicle mold
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based desserts.
A perfect summer treat; goes great with our vegan gluten-free hot dogs too.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
These are the business. The limes really make these pops. Next time will make these into a boozy frozen cocktail.