Watermelon Mint Lime Popsicles (V+GF): A Fruity, Bright & Cheery Treat. A Few Ingredients Packed With Flavor. And A Refreshing Cold Treat That’s Vegan, Gluten-Free And Dairy-Free
How To Make Easy And Quick Watermelon Mint Lime Popsicle
This watermelon popsicle recipe couldn’t be any simpler to make since it only requires four ingredients. These watermelon popsicles are a perfect frozen treat to beat the heat. They are the perfect easy and no baking involved summer treat.
Why You’ll Love These Watermelon Mint Popsicles
These kid-friendly watermelon popsicles are easy to make. Naturally sweet, gluten-free and vegan and the taste - sweet, tangy and minty.
A quick word about watermelon … plus a few great watermelon cocktails & mocktails too
Sweet Mint Watermelon Lime
- 4 cups Watermelon - cubed - Should equal 3 cups liquid after blended in blender
- ½ Lime Juiced, equals about 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Mint leaves - chopped
- 2 teaspoons Pectin - note if you increase recipe you need 2 teaspoons for 4 cups of liquid
Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 7 leaves Mint -or 2 teaspoons mint extract
- Put sugar and water into a heatproof large oversized glass container stir to dissolve the sugar
- Microwave on high around 5 minutes
- Will bubble some but is ok because you have it in oversized container
- Set aside
- Add watermelon to blender and blend until smooth puree
- Combine watermelon purée, mint simple syrup, juice from lime and chopped mint leaves
- Pour liquid into popsicle mold
Of course you can buy simple syrup. But its super simple to make and will save you money and any extra additives. Make a double batch of simple syrup. And transfer to a container with a lid, something like a measuring cup with a lid or mason jar, then refrigerate. Its great to have simple syrup on the ready for mix drinks, coffee and tea.
Pectin, Sugar and alcohol all help to lower the freezing point of the popsicle to ensure you don’t get rock hard, icy popsicle. Half a teaspoon of gelatin for each cup of the liquid mixture will do the trick; you'll get a softer, smoother texture popsicle by adding the pectin
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based desserts.
A perfect summer treat; goes great with our vegan gluten-free hot dog recipes too.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way