Tomatoes are what comes to mind when you think of salsa. But salsa can also be any raw veggie or fruit mixed with onions and peppers in a sauce. This unique squash salsa recipe is the perfect no-fuss recipe.
This Recipe Is Your New Quick Go-To Healthy Yellow Squash Recipe
If you're looking for a new summer side dish. Sauteeing makes this a super quick recipe. One bowl and you're done.
Summer squash are in-season from June through late August. With the bounty of yellow and zucchini squash readily available. We wanted to create a quick cook yellow squash and zucchini squash recipe to take advantage of the season.
Select squash that are smooth, blemish-free, small size. Store in produce bag in vegetable bin for up to one week.
Looking for a little change; try these other fruits and veggies that are, great alternatives to traditional tomato salsa
- Texas Caviar
Looking for more healthy summer squash recipes, try our: 10-minute Gluten-Free & Vegan Pad Thai with zucchini squash recipe.
SUMMER SQUASH SALSA
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 medium Zucchini diced
- 1 medium Yellow squash diced
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper diced
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium Red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, squash and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sautee until just tender about 3 minutes
- In bowl tossed cooled vegetables, parsley, basil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Here is a great article about anything you ever wanted to know about squash.
If you give this squash salsa recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
THE VGN WAY