Tomatoes are what comes to mind when you think of salsa. But salsa can also be any raw veggie or fruit mixed with onions and peppers in a sauce.
Looking for a little change try these other fruits and veggies that are great alteratives to tomato salsa
- Texas Caviar
And if your looking for a new summer side dish. This recipe is the perfect no fuss recipe. One bowl and your done.
SUMMER SQUASH SALSA
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 medium Zucchini diced
- 1 medium Yellow squash diced
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper diced
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium Red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, squash and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook until just tender about 3 minutes
- In bowl tossed cooled vegetables, parsley, basil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
If you give this gluten-free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
THE VGN WAY