Easy To Make Homemade Roasted Pineapple Salsa. Great Topping Over Grilled Tofu And A Great Snack With Tortilla Chips And Guacamole.
PIN this Roasted Pineapple Salsa recipe to try later!
This easy recipe was inspired by Trader Joe's pineapple salsa but better with fresh pineapple.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes.
Fresh Salsa Ingredients
Fresh Pineapples - use fresh pineapple because canned and frozen pineapples texture is to watery in this recipe.
Jalapeño - good contrast to the sweetness of the roasted pineapples.
Mint - pairs perfectly with the pineapples and gives it a refreshing pop
Serving Suggestions For Pineapple Salsa
- Topping for grilled tofu
- Great appetizers with chips and guacamole
- For a twist as a topping for vanilla ice cream
- With sliced avocados
- Great with tacos
Can You Make Ahead; How Long Will It Keep?
Yes, can make a day ahead. Store in a sealed container. The salsa will last about a week but is best eaten within a day or two. After that its starts to get soggy from all of the pineapple juice.
More Recipes Perfect For Summer
Roasted Pineapple Salsa With Grilled Tofu
- 1 medium Pineapple - one fresh whole pineapple (Look for a pineapple with a less green rind. More yellow equals sweeter. It should be firm and feel heavy for its size. Lastly it should be aromatic)
- ⅓ cup Red Onion - finely diced
- ⅓ cup Orange Bell Pepper - diced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro - finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Jalapeno pepper - finely diced
- 3 or 4 leafs Fresh Mint - finely diced
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Preheat over to 425 degree
- Cut off top and bottom of pineapple. Then cut off remaining pineapple peel on sides
- Cut pineapple in half and then cut each side into slices for roasting
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Dice roasted pineapple slices and place in mixing bowl
Prepping Pineapple Salsa
- Finely chop the cilantro, onions, bell peppers, mint and jalapeno and place in mixing bowl with diced pineapple
- Add juice from lime to bowl
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Depending on the ripeness of your pineapple. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary
- Serve over tofu, with tortilla chips or topping on your taco
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan roasted pineapple salsa recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way