These versatile gluten-free vegan tacos are flavorful, healthy and filling. Simple to make and a very versatile vegan gluten-free taco recipe to make for the family or a crowd.
Let’s face it tacos are the best; especially on a lazy weeknight when you need something quick and delicious. But who isn’t looking for a new twist for taco Tuesday. We created three taco dinner options - cauliflower tacos, tofu tacos and plant-based chicken tacos for a choose your own adventure type of dinner situation.
Preparing these tacos involves a few different elements but once they’re all made, assembling everything is so easy.
These tacos are a great choice because, they are:
- Simple, the ingredients are easy to find and prepare
- And its a flexible recipe. As well as the tofu, cauliflower or mock chik’n you could also try it with lentils, chickpeas or gluten-free seitan
This recipe is super easy to make gluten-free by using corn tortillas instead of wheat based soft flour tortillas that are so common on the shelf. If you are avoiding corn there are several companies that use alternative flours like Almond, Chickpea and Cassava Tortillas from the brands Siete or Mikey’s
MORE QUICK WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CAULIFLOWER, TOFU & PLANT-BASED CHICKEN TACOS
- 1 medium head about 1- ½ pound weight Cauliflower - Frozen cauliflower doesn’t work as well
- 1 14 ounce package Tofu
- 1 8oz package Plant-based Chicken - we like Sweet Earth and Daring
- 1 package Your favorite gluten free vegan taco seasoning or homemade seasoning
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 2 cups Lettuce or spinach -chopped
- Olive oil - for prepping cauliflower, tofu and plant-based chicken
- Sour cream
- 1 large Avocados
- 1 large Lime
- Optional Chipotle Mayo, Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash cauliflower head and chop into bite size pieces, place into bowl and drain excess liquid
- On parchment lined baking sheet, add cauliflower, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Toss well to combine
- Cook for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Preheat oven to 400
- Drain the tofu in press or in bowl with something heavy on top like big can crushed tomatoes
- Slice tofu into cubes
- On parchment lined baking sheet, add tofu, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons taco seasoning and toss carefully to not breakup tofu to much
- After 15 minutes flip tofu over and cook 15 more minutes until golden brown
- Preheat oven to 400
- Prepare mock chik’n
- On parchment lined baking sheet, add plant based chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Cook for 10 minutes until done and golden brown
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan tacos recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way