5 Ingredients, A Few Spices, Topping And Dinner Is Ready. Mouthwatering And Easy To Make Sheet-Pan Portobello Vegan Fajitas
Portabella mushrooms are a nice savory alternative to steak in a fajita. Roasting them along side the onions and peppers makes sure the flavors spread during the caramelizing process; transforming them into a super savory selection.
Don't forget that this is also a great recipe to use leftover veggies from the week.
Are Portabella Mushroom A Good Meat Substitute?
Yes, mushrooms are classified as vegetables but technically they belong to the fungi kingdom. Although they are not vegetables, mushrooms provide several important nutrients. Mushrooms have protein, fiber and are the only vegan, non-fortified dietary source of vitamin D.
Note: this recipe serves two for a big meal or three with a nice side salad.
SHEET PAN PORTABELLO MUSHROOM FAJITAS (VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE)
- 4 Large
Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Large
- 1/2 Large Red Pepper
- 1/2 Large Green Pepper
- 1/2 Large Yellow Pepper
- 1 Medium Lime
1 package store bought gluten free vegan fajitas spice mix
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
6 Gluten-Free Vegan Tortilla
- 1 Avocado
Handful Cilantro (optional)optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice mushrooms, peppers and onions
- Place piece of parchment on full baking pan
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables then sprinkle the fajita spice mix over top. Use your hands to toss the vegetables until everything is well coated in oil and spices
- Spread vegetables out evenly do not crowd pan (a crowded pan can lead to steamed veggies instead of nicely caramelized roasted veggies)
- Roast mix for 20 minutes or until the vegetables edges have a nice brown color
- After removing the vegetables from the oven, squeeze fresh lime juice over top
- To serve the fajitas, scoop a small amount of the roasted vegetables into each tortilla, add a slice of avocado and cilantro
If you give this gluten-free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
THE VGN WAY