This vegan broccoli soup recipe came from our what to do with leftovers article. Broccoli soup is an easy fall/winter recipe that keeps you warm and tastes absolutely fantastic. Fresh broccoli is the best option for this recipe but frozen broccoli will work too. You can add any toppings of choice to give more unique flavor.
How long will vegan soup last in the refrigerator?
With the lack of diary and eggs this gluten-free vegan broccoli soup will last a week in the refrigerator and a month in the freezer.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE BROCCOLI SOUP
- Blender/Food Processor
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter reserve three 3 tablespoons for roux
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoon celery flakes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 cups broccoli florets ~ 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- ground black pepper and Salt to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter in a large pot
- Saute onion and celery about 4 minutes
- Add broccoli and broth (cover and simmer for 10 minutes)
- Let cooked broccoli mixture cool for a few minutes and then pour into a blender/food processor and blend into a puree
- Add puréed broccoli back into large pot and place on low heat
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons vegan butter. Stir in flour and add almond milk (stir until thick)
- Once roux is thickened your pour into large pot with puréed broccoli and stir to mix
Be sure to check out more great vegan and gluten-free dinner recipe at www.thevgnway.com
Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram @vgnway
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way