It’s The Perfect Soup For Rainy Days! You'd Never Guess That This Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup Is Totally Dairy- Free! This Satisfying Creamy Soup Is Filling, Delicious With A Base Of Vegetable Broth, Oat Milk And White Beans. A Great Vegan, Gluten-Free Soup For Chilly Nights
This vegan broccoli soup recipe came from our what to do with leftovers article. Broccoli soup is an easy fall/winter recipe that keeps you warm and tastes absolutely fantastic.
With only seven ingredients. Vegans and non-vegans alike will enjoy this soup. Great with our copycat gluten-free Jiffy cornbread.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli In Soup?
This recipe is so versatile that both prepackaged frozen broccoli works just as well as fresh.
How To Get The Soup Creamy Without Dairy or Nuts?
Ingredients For Creamy Dairy-Free Broccoli Soup
A lot of vegan soups use potatoes, coconut milk or nuts like cashews to achieve that smooth and creamy texture you normally get with dairy.
In this dairy-free soup we used plant-based oat milk and white beans. But don’t worry there’s not beany taste. The beans have the added benefit of adding a great protein boost along with the protein already present in the broccoli. 1 cup of broccoli has 2.6g of protein.
Broccoli - entire head and stalks
Oat Milk - to add creaminess
Gluten-Free Flour - to thicken
Celery, Onion (white or red) and Garlic – To add savory depth of flavor
White Beans - helps with smoothness and creaminess
Salt & Pepper to taste
How To Prepare Soup
How Long Will Vegan Soup Last In Refrigerator?
With the absence of any dairy this gluten-free vegan broccoli soup will last a week in the refrigerator
Can I Freeze Broccoli Soup
Yes, store it in a large freezer safe ziplock bag for up to three months.
More Dairy-Free Vegan & Gluten-Free Soup Recipes
Creamy Non Dairy Vegan Broccoli Soup
- Blender/Food Processor
- Dutch Oven/Large Pot
- 8 cups Broccoli ~ 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Oat Milk
- 1 Medium onion - diced
- ½ cup White Beans
- 5 tablespoons Vegan butter reserve three 3 tablespoons for roux
- 3 tablespoons Gluten-free Flour
- 1 tablespoon Celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Ground Black Pepper and Salt - to taste
- Chop and rinse broccoli
- Melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter in dutch oven/pot
- Saute onion and celery flakes about 4 minutes
- Add broccoli and broth. Cover and steam broccoli until they’re tender about 15 minutes
- Let cooked broccoli mixture cool for a few minutes and then pour mixture and beans into a blender/food processor and blend into a puree (about ⅘ minutes)
- Add puréed broccoli mixture back into pot and place on low heat
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons vegan butter. Stir in flour and add oat milk (stir until thick)
- Once roux is thickened pour into large pot with puréed broccoli and stir to mix
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and diced red peppers for added texture if desired.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
PIN! For Later
Be sure to check out more great vegan and gluten-free dinner recipes at www.thevgnway.com
Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram @vgnway
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way