Pear Cider also called Pear Perry is a great twist on an old classic Apple Cider. This will be your new go-to recipe beverage of the fall and holidays. Perfect for large gatherings and the holidays.
How To Make Pear Cider
Make a batch of this yummy warm Cinnamon Perry Cider. The smell is to die for and a great treat to get you through the holidays.
Homemade is easy to make. A great non-alcoholic drink for the holidays.
How To Make Pear Cider The Perfect Mocktail
- 6 Pears
- 64 oz Apple Juice
- 1 cup Cranberries
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Allspice -ground
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- Combine pears, sugar, cloves in a large stock pot and cover with apple juice
- The juice should be about 2 inches higher than the pears. So that the pears are fully surmerge in liquard.
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour uncovered
- After 1 hour mash the pears. Add cinnamon sticks and cranberries. Cover the pot and simmer for another hour
- Let the mixture cool for 30 minutes
- Strain it through a fine mesh sieve ( I did this twice) to remove the solids.
- Serve warm with cinnamon sticks
How Long Will It Keep?
A warm and sweet drink with a little tartness. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator and will last up to 1 week.
Can I Make Cider In My Slow Cooker Crock Pot?
Our prefer method is stove top for one very selfish reason. We love the wonderful lovely aromas of the cinnamon and cloves lingering in the house from this cozy warm beverage.
If you want to set and forget it. Slow cooker is a great alternative. Add all the ingredients to your crock pot. Set on high heat for 1:30 hours. Bonus when we cook it in the crock pot we reserve the solid for our breakfast yogurt or oatmeal bowls.
Leave a comment with your favorite vegan barbeque menu item, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
Be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way