These easy to make; soft and chewy gluten-free peanut butter cookies have all the flavor, texture and goodness of a classic peanut butter cookie just without the wheat and dairy.
You’ll need just nine ingredients (salt included) easy, right. This recipe is also eggless, but no worries these gluten-free cookies are still moist, tender, soft and chewy.
This particular recipe came to us via Shad's mother, who got it from her mother.
We veganized it by adding a cup for cup gluten free flour (we like brands like King Arthur and Better Batter gluten-free flours) and the recipe holds up wonderful.
On its own it's a wonderfully simple and easy peanut butter cookie recipe with a rich deep flavor from brown sugar.
- Peanut Butter - we recommend using a creamy peanut butter with no added sugar and to not use Jif or Skippy brands that have added sugar.
- Brown & White Sugar - this blend gives the cookies the perfect sweetness and the brown sugar helps keep them soft
- Gluten-Free Flour
Step 1: In a large bowl mix the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugar together set aside.
Step 2: In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and and egg replacer dried power together.
Step 3: Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together until smooth.
Step 4: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 5: Chill mixture in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This ensure the cookies don’t spread to much.
Step 6: Grease cooking sheet(s) with vegan butter oil or use a sheet of parchment paper.
Step 7: Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten. Optionally - with tines of fork place a crisscross pattern on top for decoration.
Step 8: Bake about 18 minutes until light brown. If you have leftover refrigerated dough the cookies will cook faster, check after 15 minutes.
Are There Gluten-Free Peanut Butters?
Yes, in peanut butter’s natural state it is gluten-free; however, a few processed store bought national brands may have wheat added. But you will have no problem at all finding big brands that make less processed variations with just peanuts, sugar and salt.
To Store. Store your peanut butter cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.
To Freeze. These cookies also freeze well. Place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container (or a large ziploc freezer bag) and freeze for up to a month. When you are ready to eat them, let them thaw at room temperature and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
CLASSIC PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE)
- Baking Sheet
- ½ cup Vegan Butter - softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg replacer
- 1 ¼ cups Gluten-Free flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl mix the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugar together set aside.½ cup Vegan Butter, ½ cup Peanut Butter, ½ cup Sugar, ½ cup Brown Sugar, 1 Egg replacer
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and and egg replacer dried power together.1 ¼ cups Gluten-Free flour, ½ teaspoon Baking powder, ¾ teaspoon Baking soda, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Chill mixed ingredients in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cooking sheet with vegan butter oil or use a sheet of parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten. Optionally with tines of fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake about 20 minutes until light brown.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Simple, easy to follow recipe. I substitute chucky instead of smooth peanut butter. So good.