These easy to make; soft and chewy gluten-free peanut butter cookies have all the flavor, texture and goodness of a classic peanut butter cookie just without the wheat.
A delicious peanut buttery treat that’ll make you smile.
You’ll need just nine ingredients (salt included) easy, right. This recipe is also eggless, but no worries these gluten-free cookies are still moist, tender, soft and chewy.
This particular recipe came to us via Shad's mother, who got it from her mother and then was modified slightly by us.
On its own it's a wonderfully simple and easy peanut butter cookie recipe with a rich deep flavor from brown sugar.
We veganized it by adding a cup for cup gluten free flour (we like brands like King Arthur and Better Batter gluten-free flours) and the recipe holds up wonderful.
Are there gluten free peanut butters?
Yes, in peanut butter’s natural state it is gluten-free; however, a few processed store bought national brands may have wheat added. But you will have no problem at all finding big brands that make less processed variations with just peanuts, sugar and salt.
- ½ cup Vegan Butter - softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg replacer
- 1 ¼ cups Gluten-Free flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Mix the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars together.
- Add egg replacer and mix thoroughly
- Mix all dry ingredients, add to wet ingredients and stir
- Chill mixed ingredients in refrigerator
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a cooking sheet with oil or use a sheet of parchment paper
- Spoon out and roll into balls the size of walnuts
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour (criss cross the pattern)
- Bake until light brown
If you give these gluten-free peanut butter cookies a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our other plant-based gluten-free dessert on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way