A great oat milk hot chocolate to enjoy during the holiday’s and winter season. It's dairy-free, vegan and only requires a couple of simple ingredients. Enjoy with vegan whipped cream. The kiddos will enjoy making just as much as drinking.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
3 Simple Ingredients plus water and salt:
- Unsweetened Oat Plant-Based Milk
- Vegan Cocoa Unsweetened Powder
- Medium Pot
Add 3 tablespoons of water to medium saucepan.
Add cocoa, sugar and salt into saucepan. Stir until mixed. Bring to boil for two minutes.
Turn heat down to simmer. Add milk and vanilla. Stir into blended well.
Simmer for about seven minutes until mixture is warm be careful to let let milk scorch and serve
This recipe is easy to double, or even triple, if you are serving a crowd.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- To Store. Cool before refrigerating. Store in airtight container. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in microwave or over stove top on low heat until warm.
How To Make Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Plant-Based Oat Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch Salt
- Add 3 tablespoons of water to medium saucepan3 tablespoons Water
- Add cocoa, sugar and salt into saucepan. Stir until mixed. Bring to boil for two minutes.¼ cup Sugar, 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Pinch Salt
- Turn heat down to simmer. Add milk and vanilla. Stir into blended well.2 cups Plant-Based Oat Milk, ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- Simmer for about seven minutes until mixture is warm be careful to let let milk scorch and serve
If you give this vegan gluten-free hot chocolate recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Kiddos enjoyed this especially with the vegan whipped cream.