Easy Homemade Vegan Gluten-Free Lucy Glo Pink Apple Crisp. Just 8 Ingredients Already In Your Pantry! This Recipe Is A Small Batch Recipe For Two Crumbles; Perfect For Special Evenings Or Just Monday Night Dessert & An Easy Recipe To Double For More!
What Is A Lucy Glo Apple?
Lucy™ Glo Apples are grown in ... Washington statewww.chelanfresh.com/lucy-apple
Lucy™Apples are part Honeycrisp, which give them their sweet, tangy flavor and crunchy texture we all love. The apples have a gorgeous yellow skin that allows the red interior glow from within and is tangy with a hint of sweet.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, substitutes and nutritional information.
Why This Recipe Works
- Super quick and easy dessert to make.
- Requires only a few ingredients.
- Perfect small batch recipe for just two servings perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or any special occasion.
Frequently Ask Questions
A new unique hybrid variety belonging to the Rosaceae family. Released in the fall of 2018. It’s a cross between Honeycrisp (taste) and Airlie Red (taste/color). It comes in two types: Lucy Rose and Lucy Glo.
Lucy Glo apples are in season from October - February.
A mix of tart, with hints of sweet berry flavor. We say if strawberries and granny smith apples had a kid, so good.
Lucy Glo apples are available at these grocery stores: Trader Joe’s, Sprouts & Whole Foods. Online via Goldberry.
Yes, Lucy Glo apples are excellent baked. They still retain their bright pink/red color, even when heated.
For Apple Crisp Filling:
Lucy Glo Apples - this is up to you but we peel the apple skin. If you choose to leave the skins on, be sure to wash the apples thoroughly to remove the waxy residue.
Gluten-Free Flour - any all purpose of your choice.
For Apple Crisp Topping:
Oatmeal - rolled oats
Pecan - chopped up - will add slight nutty flavor
(Full ingredient amounts in recipe card below)
Peel, core and slice 2 apples into medium sized bowl.
Add 1 tablespoons gluten-free flour. Add 3 tablespoons of sugar. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and salt
Mix together and place apples in ramekins
In a medium size bowl add oatmeal, pecans, sugar and gluten-free flour in medium bowl. Mix together all ingredients add 4 teaspoon of olive oil.
Spoon crumble mixture on top of apples in ramekin.
Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until apples are tender. Enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or whip cream.
Lucy Glo Apple Substitutes
If you are unable to find you could use these pink apples varieties like: Pink Pearl, Hidden Rose, Scarlett Surprise or Mountain Rose baking apples.
More Delicious Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Vegan Gluten Free Peach Cobbler
- Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
Lucy Glo Apple Crisp Recipe
- 2 ramekins - our ramekins are rather large with ~5 inch diameter
- 2 medium Pink Glo Lady Apples - if not in season use two medium baking apples like Honeycrisp, Pink Lady or Red Delicious or other pink varieties like Pink Pearl, Hidden Rose or Scarlett Surprise.
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Gluten-Free flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice 2 apples into medium sized bowl.2 medium Pink Glo Lady Apples
- Add 1 tablespoons gluten-free flour.1 tablespoons Gluten-Free Flour
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar.3 tablespoons Sugar
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and salt.1/4 teaspoon Salt, 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mix together and place apples in ramekins.
Prepare Crisp Topping
- Add 2 tablespoons oatmeal, pecans, sugar and gluten-free flour in medium bowl. Mix together all ingredients add 4 teaspoon of olive oil. Spoon crumble on top of apples in ramekin.2 tablespoons Oatmeal, 2 tablespoons Pecans, 2 tablespoons Gluten-Free flour, 2 tablespoons Sugar, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Let cook for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with your favorite vegan whip cream or ice cream.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan apple crisp dessert recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way