Meet your new breakfast meal prep all-star. This recipe makes plenty for the weekend and will last you all week.
Remember the zingy and warm taste of fresh ginger bread cookies at Christmas time. The cardamon and ginger give these vegan gluten free muffins that same taste.
Powdered ginger will work but if you can use fresh ginger you’ll be happy for the kick of favor. You can pick ginger up at your local grocery store in the produce section. The roots keeps for several weeks when refrigerated in a plastic bag. Ginger is good for digestion, reducing nausea and inflammation. Fun trivia fact it belongs to the same plant family as turmeric and cardamon.
You’ll also be able to find the crystallized ginger down the candy aisle of stores like Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.
It can be hard finding vegan and gluten free muffins and when you do the cost for four can be steep. We know your’ll enjoy adding this to your breakfast rotation.
How To Make Ginger Pecan Sweet Potatoes Vegan Gluten-free Muffins
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes can use canned or bake 1 large sweet potato
- 2 vegan eggs (follow recipe on package we like Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
- ¼ cup EVOO
- ¼ cup vegan yogurt
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add the crystallized ginger and pecans in a small bowl and set aside
- In mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices, set aside
- In separate larger bowl mix wet ingredients. Make vegan egg mix, combine well and then add sweet potatoes, EVOO and yogurt
- Slowly stir in wet mixture with dry ingredients
- Reserved ¼ cup of ginger pecan mixture and then add remaining to combined mixture
- Grease muffin tin and add mixture
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with reserved ginger pecan mix
- Bake for 25 minutes
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way