These moist, tender vegan sweet potato muffins are the perfect way to start the day. So good, your family won’t even know their gluten-free, vegan & dairy-free. These healthy muffins are easy to make and come together quickly. A allergy-friendly, kid-friendly breakfast or snack!
Meet your new breakfast meal prep all-star. This recipe makes plenty for the weekend and will last you all week.
Remember the zingy and warm taste of fresh ginger bread cookies at Christmas time. The cardamom and ginger give these vegan gluten free muffins that same taste.
It can be hard finding vegan and gluten free muffins and when you do the cost can be steep. We know your'll enjoy adding this to your breakfast rotation.
- Gluten-Free Flour - for this recipe we used oat and white rice flour but a gluten-free 1:1 flour blend can also work
- Ginger - grounded ginger will work but if you can use fresh ginger you'll be happy for the burst of favor. You can pick ginger up at your local grocery store in the produce section. The roots keeps for several weeks when refrigerated in a plastic bag. Ginger is good for digestion, reducing nausea and inflammation. Fun trivia fact it belongs to the same plant family as turmeric and cardamon
- Crystallized Ginger - You'll also be able to find the crystallized ginger down the candy aisle of stores like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods
- Egg Substitute - We use Bob’s Egg Replacer
- Pecans - optional if you have allergies
Can I Use Canned Sweet Potatoes Or Canned Pumpkins?
Yes, both work well. Just be sure to get unsweetened.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl add chopped crystallized ginger and pecan pieces, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices, set aside.
In another large bowl make vegan egg mix, add sweet potatoes, olive oil and yogurt. Combine wet ingredients and mix well.
Slowly stir in wet mixture with dry ingredients.
Reserve ¼ cup of ginger pecan mixture and then add remaining to combined mixture.
Grease muffin tin and add mixture.
Sprinkle tops of muffins with reserved ginger pecan mix.
Bake for 25 minutes.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- To Store. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. I recommend putting a paper towel on the bottom of the container to absorb moisture.
- Prepare In Advance. Great to make ahead for a quick weekday breakfast.
More Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipes
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Bread
- Baked Sweet Potato With Homemade Maple Sesame Granola
Ginger Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 cup White rice flour
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 1 cup Mashed sweet potatoes can use canned or bake 1 large sweet potato
- 2 Vegan eggs (follow recipe on package we like Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ cup vegan yogurt
- ⅔ cup Pecans - chopped
- ⅓ cup Crystallized ginger - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger - ground
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon - ground
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom - ground
- ¼ teaspoon Cloves - ground
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg - ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl add chopped crystallized ginger and pecan pieces, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices, set aside
- In another large bowl make vegan egg mix, add sweet potatoes, olive oil and yogurt. Combine wet ingredients and mix well
- Slowly stir in wet mixture with dry ingredients
- Reserve ¼ cup of ginger pecan mixture and then add remaining to combined mixture
- Grease muffin tin and add mixture
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with reserved ginger pecan mix
- Bake for 25 minutes
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
We hope you love these homemade easy to make healthy gluten-free vegan sweet potato muffins as much as we do. If you make them please be sure to leave a comment & a rating so we know how you liked them.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Made this for hubby. His greedy self. Loved them so much he ran out before the week was over lol.