Making homemade granola is super easy and good way to cut out all the extra additives and preserved of store bought. And lets not talk about the amount of sugar you’ll be able to cut out. We’ve added sesame seeds and pecans to the traditional recipe to give it a nice nutty kick. Other great seeds and nuts to add flaxseed, hemp seeds and or chia seed to add some hearty healthy omegas to your morning breakfast ritual.
Ways to eat granola:
- Ice cream and sundaes
- A great additional to a baked sweet potatoes for breakfast
- You can add nuts and dried fruit for tasty trail mix snack
½ cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 tablespoon Olive Oil (extra virgin for best results)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon spoon black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine oats, nuts, olive oil, maple syrup and any optional ingredients of your choose
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet
- Spread mixture, don’t overcrowd if you like crunchy granola
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Before granola completely cools, stir with a rubber spatula so crystallized sugars in granola doesn’t stick to paper
- This is a great recipe to double
Enjoy your homemade granola with a plant based milk, over vegan yogurt, or on its own! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2/3 weeks.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way