Making homemade vegan gluten-free granola is super easy and good way to cut out all the extra additives and preserved of store bought. And lets not talk about the amount of sugar you'll be able to cut out. We’ve added sesame seeds and pecans to the traditional recipe to give it a nice nutty kick. Other great seeds and nuts to add flaxseed, hemp seeds and or chia seed to add some hearty healthy omegas to your morning breakfast ritual.
Ways to eat granola:
- On Waffles
- Ice cream and sundaes
- A great additional to a baked sweet potatoes for breakfast
- You can add nuts and dried fruit for tasty trail mix style snack
Enjoy your homemade granola with a plant based milk, over vegan yogurt, or on its own! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
Are oats gluten-free?
Oatmeal is gluten free. The issue is cross contamination. Most commercial oats are processed in facilities that also process wheat, this ingredients can contaminate oats. For those with Celiac, Wheat allergies or intolerances even a trace amount of gluten can cause severe discomfort. The best solution is to buy oats that are certified gluten-free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, a branch of the Gluten Intolerance Group.
How to make vegan gluten-free granola?
PECAN SESAME SEED GRANOLA
- Baking Sheet pan
- Parchment Paper
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Pecans - Alternatives include almonds or cashews
- 1 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl combine oats, nuts, evoo, maple syrup, salt and sesame seeds. include any optional ingredients of your choice
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet
- Spread mixture on parchment paper, don't overcrowd if you like crunchy granola
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Before granola completely cools, stir with a rubber spatula so crystallized sugars in the granola don't stick to the parchment paper
- Keeps great on counter top for up to a week
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way