How To Make Store-Bought Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Looking for a Gluten-free Dairy-free Pizza, look no further.
We used Whole Foods 365 Everyday Gluten-free pizza crust mix. We also love the pre-made Vegan Gluten-Free Wholly Wholesome pizza crust.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet place large piece of parchment paper and spray lightly flour it with any gluten-free flour available. (rice, chickpea, oat, etc.) And set aside.
- Whisk water, vinegar and oil in small bowl until well combined. Gently pour pizza crust flour into a large bowl and add liquid. Mix until dough begins to become firm.
- Divide the dough into portions for smaller personal pan size or 1 large ball for medium size pizza. Lightly flour your hands and the dough ball(s) to prevent sticking, use your hands to flatten it into circle(s) lightly pinching the edges to raise the edges to prevent the sauce from running off the pizza.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Add the Plant-based, garlic white sauce, add your protein option (see a list of choices below), veggie toppings and an optional sprinkle of dairy-free cheese if you'd like.
- Put the completed pizza back into the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and/or your cheese is melted.
Vegan And Gluten-Free Protein Pizza Topping Options
- White Garlic Cashew sauce - recipe below
- Soy crumbles
- Spinach, Broccoli and/or Kale
- Plant-based Cheese
- Crumbled Tofu
- Beef substitutes like Beyond and Impossible plant-based patties, crumbled
How To Make Vegan Dairy-Free Garlic White Sauce
- 2 cup Cashews soaked in cold water for 2 hours and drained
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup NutritionalYyeast
- 4 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 6 tbsp All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Add the cashews, garlic, water, salt and nutritional yeast in a food processor or large blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down as necessary. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium-low heat and add butter. Let it melt then add the 3 tablespoons of gluten-free flour. Stir and let cook for 3-4 minutes until the flour is lightly toasted and a shade darker.
- Slowly pour in the cashew cream mixture, whisking as you pour so it doesn't clump up. Add the black pepper and whisk while the cream comes to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened, about 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat. If the mixture remains a little clumpy, just use an immersion blender or an upright blender and blend until smooth.
- Store the white garlic sauce in the fridge for up to a week.
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten-free dairy-free pizza a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way