Chickpea Hummus is :
- Deliciously Filling
- & Simple To Make
Homemade hummus is a protein packed vegan and gluten-free staple you'll want to make everyday.
Hummus is a middle eastern dip. It is made from chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans.
It's a super simple, easy and quick recipe to make. However, you can add all kinds of yummy ingredients from sweet to savory to make many different favors.
Once you learn how quick,simple and fast homemade hummus is to make. You will never look at store bought the same.
WHAT IS TAHINI?
Tahini is actually just ground sesame seeds. Its creamy, nutty and rich in fiber and protein. Good for sweet and savory recipes like hummus, smoothies, oatmeal and even cookies. 2 tablespoons of Tahini have 5g of protein, 3g of fiber and 14% of your daily iron needs
How To Make Basic Hummus
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas Garbanzo beans (Reserve liquid)
- 3 tablespoons Tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1 Lemon We use the juice of an entire lemon but 2 tablespoons will work
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Water Can use reserved chickpea liquid if more liquid is desired
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder Optional
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder Optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas under cold water reserving liquid
- Place in food processor (a bullet machine can work too)
- Add Tahini paste, lemon juice and EVOO
- Blender together until creamy and smooth
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with veggies or gluten free crackers and enjoy
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way