Less than 10 ingredients, easy, fast & simple to put together. Delicious, satisfying and nutritionally dense this raw spicy kale salad wrap recipe makes for a great easy lunch or dinner.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However, you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store and substitutes.
Tassilis Raw Spicy Kale Wrap Copycat Recipe
This spicy raw kale salad is the best kale recipe you’ve come across on the web; it’s always in heavy rotation at our house.
Salads can be tricky. Often times not filling enough to get you to the next meal but not this one. The kale makes this salad nice and hearty. The avocado gives you doses of healthy for you fats that keep you satiated for a good while instead of mayonnaise.
This spicy kale salad is quick and easy to make and the cayenne pepper gives it an awesome kick.
You can eat as a salad (above) or wrap with vegan gluten-free pita wrap, almond wrap (below) or nori seaweed sheet.
This spicy kale mix is also a great side dish as well as a main dinner entree. Great with our gluten-free chickpea cornbread recipe.
Why This Is An Allergy Friendly Lunch Option.
This wrap is egg + dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free and soy-free. It’s made without cheese, without mayonnaise and without anchovies in the salad dressing.
Benefits of Kale
Kale is a superfood loaded in antioxidants. Including beta-carotene and vitamin C, as well as various flavonoids and polyphenols. Kale also has protein not as much has other protein rich vegetables but 1 cup of kale has 2.0g of protein compared to 8.6g in a cup of green peas.
Can You Eat Kale Raw?
Yes, like other leafy greens you can eat raw or cooked. Great in salads or smoothies. “Compared with raw kale, all cooking methods resulted in a significant reduction in total antioxidants and minerals, including calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, and magnesium” via Healthline.com
How To Store, Freeze & Reheat
Store in airtight container with lid in refrigerator. Kale leaves are hearty and normally massaged Kale would keep for ¾ days. However, this is a salad that has already been dressed and will only be good for ½ days maximum. Eat cold or at room temperature, do not heat or freeze.
Easy Copycat Recipe - Tassilis Raw Spicy Kale Salad Wrap
- Blender/Food Processor
- 1 head of Kale roughly chopped
- ½ cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Large Avocado diced
- ½ cup EVOO
- 1 cup Dried Sun Tomatoes reserve ¼ cup for later use
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoon ground Cayenne Pepper or more if you like it extra spicy
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Almond Flour Tortillas - We like Siete Grain Free Almond Flour Tortillas brand
Preparing kale leaves
- Prep kale by washing, drying (use a salad spinner), roughly chop set aside to let any excess water drain.
- To create sauce in a blender or bullet mixer add olive oil, braggs liquid aminos, juice of lemon, garlic, ¾ cup of sun dried tomatoes, avocado and nutritional yeast
- In a large bowl combined dried kale, onions, reserved ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, avocados, cayenne and nutritional yeast.
- Add sauce and massage mixture with hands to help soften kale leaves. You can add another ½ teaspoon of cayenne, if you like it really spicy.
- Blend sauce until smooth set aside
Preparing wrap or salad
- Can eat as a salad or wrap in vegan gluten free pita wrap or nori seaweed sheet
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Like This Post? Pin This Recipe For Later!
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan spicy kale wrap recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way