This spicy kale salad is always in heavy rotation. Salad can be tricky. Often times not filling enough to get you to the next meal but not this one. The kale makes this salad nice and hearty, the avocado gives you doses of healthy for you fats that keep you satiated for a good while.
This spicy kale salad is quick and easy to make and the cayenne pepper gives it an awesome kick.
You can eat as a salad, vegan gluten free pita wrap or nori seaweed sheet
- 1 head of Kale roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Large Avocado diced
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 cup Dried Sun Tomatoes reserve 1/4 cup for later use
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoon ground Cayenne Pepper or more if you like it spicy
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prep kale by washing, drying (use a salad spinner), roughly chop set aside to let any excess water drain.
- To create sauce in a blender or bullet mixer add olive oil, braggs liquid aminos, juice of lemon, garlic, 3/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes, avocado and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth set sauce aside
- In a large bowl combined dried kale, onions, reserved 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, avocados, cayenne and nutritional yeast. Add sauce and massage mixture with hands to help soften kale leaves. Can add more cayenne if you like it spicier.
- Can eat as a salad or wrap in vegan gluten free pita wrap or nori seaweed sheet
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way