A great Tassilis Raw Copycat recipe.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However, you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store and substitutes.
Tassilis Raw Spicy Kale Wrap Copycat Recipe
This spicy raw kale salad is the best kale recipe you’ve come across on the web; it’s always in heavy rotation at our house.
Salads can be tricky. Often times not filling enough to get you to the next meal but not this one. The kale makes this salad nice and hearty. The avocado gives you doses of healthy for you fats that keep you satiated for a good while instead of mayonnaise.
This Tassilis copycat spicy kale salad recipe is quick and easy to make and the cayenne pepper gives it an awesome kick.
You can eat as a salad (above) or wrap with vegan gluten-free pita wrap, almond wrap (below) or nori seaweed sheet.
This spicy kale mix is also a great side dish as well as a main dinner entree. Great with our gluten-free chickpea cornbread recipe.
- Chopped Kale
- Red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Sun Tomatoes
- Nutritional Yeast
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Braggs Liquid Aminos
Why This Is An Allergy Friendly Lunch Option.
This wrap is egg + dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free and soy-free. It’s made without cheese, without mayonnaise and without anchovies in the salad dressing.
Benefits of Kale
Kale is a superfood loaded in antioxidants. Including beta-carotene and vitamin C, as well as various flavonoids and polyphenols. Kale also has protein not as much has other protein rich vegetables but 1 cup of kale has 2.0g of protein compared to 8.6g in a cup of green peas.
Can You Eat Kale Raw?
Yes, like other leafy greens you can eat raw or cooked. Great in salads or smoothies. “Compared with raw kale, all cooking methods resulted in a significant reduction in total antioxidants and minerals, including calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, and magnesium” via Healthline.com
Step 1: Prep kale by washing, drying (use a salad spinner), roughly chop remove large tough stems and set aside to let any excess water drain.
Step 2: Add to blender or bullet - olive oil, braggs liquid aminos, lemon juice, garlic clove, ¾ cup of sun dried tomatoes and nutritional yeast.
Step 3: Blend sauce until smooth.
Step 4: In a large bowl combined dried kale, ½ of ripe avocado, chopped onions, and remaining reserved ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes.
Step 5: Add sauce and massage with hands to soften kale leaves. About 5 minutes.
Step 6: Set aside and let sit for at least 30 minutes to give kale time to soften and flavors time to come together.
Prepare wrap or salad
Step 7: Can eat as a salad or wrap in vegan gluten free pita wrap or nori seaweed sheet.
How To Store, Freeze & Reheat
Store in airtight container with lid in refrigerator. Kale leaves are hearty and normally massaged Kale would keep for 3 to 4 days. However, this is a salad that has already been dressed and will only be good for 1 to 2 days maximum. Eat cold or at room temperature, do not heat or freeze.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
Spicy Kale Wrap Salad
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- Blender/Food Processor
- 1 bunch Kale - roughly chopped, amount 16 ounces.
- ½ cup Red Onion - finely chopped.
- 1 Large Avocado - reserve ½ for later use.
- ½ cup EVOO
- 1 cup Dried Sun Tomatoes
- reserve ¼ cup for later use .
- 2 teaspoons ground Cayenne Pepper - if your heat adverse then add 1 teaspoon. However if you like it really spicy add the full 2 teaspoons.
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemon - juiced, about 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Tortillas - We like Siete Grain Free Almond Flour Tortillas brand
- Prep kale by chopping and remove large tough stems. Washing and drying (can use a salad spinner) set aside to let any excess water drain.
- Add to blender or bullet - olive oil, braggs liquid aminos, lemon juice, garlic clove, ¾ cup of sun dried tomatoes and nutritional yeast.
- Blend sauce until smooth.
- In a large bowl combined dried kale, ½ of ripe avocado, chopped onions, and remaining reserved ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- Add sauce and massage with hands to soften kale leaves. About 5 minutes.
- Set aside and let sit for at least 30 minutes to give kale time to soften and flavors time to come together.
Prepare Wrap or salad
- Can eat as a salad or wrap in vegan gluten free pita wrap or nori seaweed sheet. Slice remaining avocado for wrap.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Like This Post? Pin This Recipe For Later!
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan spicy kale wrap recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way