Quick And Easy To Make. These Delicious Plant-Based Vegetable Spring Rolls Are Satisfying. Serve At Your Next Gathering, Perfect For Family & Friends With Gluten Intolerance.
Who doesn’t miss crispy fried spring and egg rolls. This is our baked vegan gluten-free version.
Hope you enjoy these handmade crispy vegan gluten free spring rolls as much as we do.
These Homemade Vegetable Rolls Are:
Oven Baked to make them lighter on the calories side
Savory and Satisfying
Quick and Easy to make
Vegan (dairy-free, egg-free)
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions for these vegan spring rolls are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes.
Are Spring Rolls Gluten-free?
No, traditional spring rolls are not gluten-free because of the use of several ingredients; mainly these three ingredients: the wrapper, soy sauce and the vegetable marinade.
However, it is possible to make crispy gluten-free veggie rolls with the replacement of a few gluten-free products ingredients.
In this recipe in lieu of soy sauce made with wheat we used Tamari sauce and for our wrappers we used the coconut based Nuco wrappers perfect for spring rolls because of how thin they are.
- Sesame Oil
- Tamari Sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
De-stem, Wash, rinse and chop kale or as a great shortcut; buy pre-cleaned kale and add it to large bowl
Shred carrots and add to bowl. Chop mushrooms and add to bowl
Add remaining ingredients to bowl. Mix well. Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in large pan over medium heat. Stir-fry on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
How To Assemble A Gluten-Free Spring Roll
Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a clean surface. Spread ¼ cup of filling across one end of the wrapper.
Tightly roll the corner over the filling.
Fold over both the left and right sides of the wrapper towards the middle.
Continue rolling the spring roll into a tight roll.
Repeat this process with the remaining filling and wrappers.
Place it sealed side down on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place in oven and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Substitutions You Can Make
This recipe is very versatile you can replace with other similar vegetables you have on hand. For example cabbage or spinach for the kale or sweet peas for the edamame
These vegetable spring rolls come out the oven crispy but will soften as they sit.
Store in an airtight container with lid for up to week.
Can I Freeze Them?
Yes you can. They freeze and reheat very well.
Can I Air Fry My Gluten-free Spring Rolls?
In general yes; however, for this recipe using the Nuco coconut wraps we do not recommend air frying. These wraps cook fast and can easily go from perfect to burned in under a minute.
Other Roll & Wrap Recipes
Gluten-Free Vegetable Spring Rolls (Vegan)
- Baking Sheet
- Air Fryer
- 10 Wrappers - We use Nuco coconut wrappers for this recipe.
- 4 (6.5oz) cups Baby Kale - Shredded
- 2 cups Mushrooms - chopped
- 2 small Carrots - Shredded
- 1 cup Edamame
- 5 tablespoons Tamari gluten-free sauce
- 3 tablespoons Onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- De-stem, wash, rinse and chop kale or a great shortcut is to buy pre-cleaned chopped kale. And add to large bowl
- Shred carrots and add to bowl.
- Chop mushrooms and add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl: frozen edamame, garlic powder, ginger powder, black pepper, tamari sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in large pan over medium heat. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Cook until most of the liquid is gone. May take a little longer if using frozen kale, mushrooms and/or edamame. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
How To Assemble Gluten-free Spring Roll
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a clean surface. Spread ¼ cup of filling across one end of the wrapper. (see images above)
- Tightly roll the corner over the fillingFold over both the left and right sides of the wrapper towards the middle.
- Continue rolling the spring roll into a tight roll.
- Repeat this process with the remaining filling and wrappers and place on baking sheet.
- Place it sealed side down on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Do not crowd the spring rolls on the sheet pan; otherwise the spring rolls will stream and not get as crispy.
- Place in oven and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
If you give this recipe and try please let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based lunch recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way