This pan fried sesame tofu with sweet lime dressing will definitely bring a sweet and slightly heated flavor to dinner. Quick and simple to make; enjoyed with rice and veggies.
All simple ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry.
We really enjoy this recipe; seeing it all come together in under 30 minutes. The smell of citrus, sweet and spicy notes as it’s simmering. And the unexpected sweet and zingy flavors really complimented each well. Give this sweet lime tofu a try and be sure to let us know what you think.
- Limes - great tangy flavor
- Maple syrup - for a smoky sweetness
- Sriracha - gives it a little heat
- Cornstarch - helps give the tofu a crispy texture and golden caramel color
- Sesame Seeds
Drain and dry tofu. Cut into cubes.
Add ½ tablespoon cornstarch to 1 tablespoons of water to make a slurry. Whisk well and set aside.
In a large resealable plastic zip lock bag add salt and 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch. Add tofu and shake until evenly coated.
In a bowl, mix all ingredients for glaze (do not add cornstarch slurry yet).
In a pan heat 1 ½ tbsp. of oil and fry tofu until crisp.
Remove fried tofu, set aside and saute onions and bell peppers for about 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to caramelize.
Add glaze sauce to pan (do not add cornstarch water mix yet).
Cook sauce until it begins to boil, lower heat and add cornstarch mixture and let simmer for 1 minute until it begins to thicken.
Once the glaze is added all the ingredients really come through.
Serve over rice.
Sweet Lime Sesame Tofu
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 packages Tofu,extra firm cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch heaping
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoon canola oil for frying
- 3 ½ tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce (or if not on gluten-free diet soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon Corn starch diluted into 1 tbsp. water
- 2 cups Brown Jasmine Rice
- Drain and dry tofu. Cut into cubes.1 packages Tofu,extra firm
- Add ½ tablespoon cornstarch to 1 tablespoons of water to make a slurry. Whisk well and set aside.½ tablespoon Corn starch
- In a large resealable plastic zip lock bag add salt and 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch. Add tofu and shake until evenly coated.1 tablespoon cornstarch, ½ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for glaze (do not add cornstarch slurry yet)2 tablespoons tamari sauce (or if not on gluten-free diet soy sauce), 3 tablespoons Lime juice, 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, 2 cloves garlic, 3 ½ tablespoons Maple syrup
- In a pan heat 1 ½ tbsp. of oil and fry tofu cube until crisp2 tablespoon canola oil, 1 packages Tofu,extra firm
- Remove tofu and saute onions and bell peppers1 onion, ½ cup bell pepper
- Add glaze sauce (do not add cornstarch water mix)
- Cook sauce to a boil, lower heat add cornstarch slurry mixture and let simmer for 1 minute
Be sure to check out more tofu recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way