This sweet lime tofu with rice recipe calls for a tangy citrus glaze that will definitely bring a sweet and heated note from the Sriracha. It’s both flavorful and mild but also aromatic without dominating your palate. We think that lime, unlike lemon, has a sharper citrus note. But with the maple and sriracha flavors it creates a bright and fresh symphony in your mouth.
The cornstarch being added to the recipe initially threw us off. But once we saw how it helped give the tofu a crispy texture and golden caramel color, we understood its purpose. Once the glaze is added all the ingredients really come through.
We really enjoyed the journey of this recipe; seeing it being made, the smell of citrus, sweet and spicy notes as it was simmering. And the unexpected sweet and zingy flavors really complimented each other unexpectedly well. Give this sweet lime tofu with rice recipe a try and let us know what you think.
SWEET LIME SESAME TOFU WITH RICE
- 1 packages Tofu,extra firm cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch heaping
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoon canola oil for frying
- 3 ½ tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoons Corn starch diluted into 1 tbsp. water
- 2 cups Brown Jasmine Rice
- Dry tofu and cut into cubes
- In a large resealable plastic zip lock bag add salt and cornstarch. Shake until evenly coated.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for glaze (do not add cornstarch mix yet)
- In a pan heat 1 ½ tbsp. of oil and fry tofu cube until crisp
- Remove tofu and saute onions and bell peppers
- Add glaze ingredients (except cornstarch water mix)
- Cook sauce to a boil, lower heat add cornstarch mixture and let simmer for 1 minute
Be sure to check out more tofu recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Adapted from thefoodietakesflight.com