For those of you who may not know, we live in Atlanta, Ga. Home of the lemon pepper wet wing. These Lemon Pepper Cauliflower wing are our meat-free take on the classic Lemon Pepper Wet wings Atlanta is known for.
The cauliflower’s neutral taste makes it perfect to take on the full favors of the sour lemon, pepper and the smoky sweet flavors of maple syrup for a perfect zesty tangy glaze.
The batter is light and fluffy with a slightly crispy crunch to it.
You’ll never miss the chicken, we promise. These cauliflower bites have a tangy sweet heat that will leave you wanting more.
These lemon pepper cauliflower wings are beautiful to look at; but more importantly are a symphony of sweet and sour in your mouth.
We are in the test kitchen working on the perfect air-fryer version of this lemon pepper cauliflower wings recipe.
LEMON PEPPER CAULIFLOWER (VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE)
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower
- ½ cup Gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 ½ cup Bread crumbs
- ½ cup Coconut flour or more bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Lemon juice 1 ½ lemons
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Cornstarch Added to 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees. Rinse and cut cauliflower into big chunks. Place pieces on rimmed baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes to help the cauliflower become more tender
- In a bowl mix ingredients for batter (mix until smooth and thick)
- Evenly coat florets in batter
- In a separate bowl add bread crumbs and coconut flour mix
- Coat cauliflower in breadcrumbs mix
- Heat oil in pan and cook florets until golden brown
- Set on paper towels to drain excess oil
- Transfer to bowl, add glaze and evenly coat
- Serve with rice and vegetables
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
Adapted from thefoodietakesflight.com