Ever had quinoa for breakfast? Creamy with sweet toppings. We made a big protein filled vegan breakfast quinoa bowl to get you through the week.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes.i
Quinoa Is A Great Gluten-Free Breakfast Grain Alternative
Quinoa has a reputation for being bitter but a few quick rinses under cold water will get rid of that and before you know it this will be a breakfast go to.
This high protein breakfast bowl makes a nice alternative to traditional oatmeal for breakfast.
Quinoa Health Benefits:
- High in protein
- High in fiber
- Contains antioxidants
- Is a complete protein; contains all nine essential amino acids
- High in Iron
Is Quinoa Better For You Than Oatmeal?
Nutritionally speaking, if we compare 1 cooked cup of each:
- Oatmeal 3.5 ounces (100 grams) has 2.5g of fat; 25g of carbs, 3.7g of fiber and 5g of protein.
- Quinoa 1 cup (185 grams) has 1.9g of fat; 21g of carbs, 2.8g of fiber and 4.4g of protein
Quinoa is more nutritionally dense but oatmeal still makes a healthy breakfast choice.
Toppings For Quinoa Breakfast Bowl:
Making the quinoa is pretty simple and straight forward. The fun part is the flavor combinations you can come up with for this high protein vegan breakfast.
- Homemade Granola
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- A sprig of Mint
- Maple Syrup
- Nut Butter’s
How To Cook Quinoa In The Instant Pot?
We made a post to walk you through how easy it is to make Quinoa in the Instant Pot
Leftovers quinoa in an airtight container for the week.
How To Make Quinoa For Breakfast
- 1 cup Quinoa Wash quinoa in a few changes of water. Rinse and drain well
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa in a fine mesh colander (note rinsing will wash away the bitter coating of the quinoa seed, wash quinoa in a few changes of water) Rinse and drain well
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add quinoa to 2 cups of liquid and ½ teaspoon salt
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes until tender
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- See suggestions below to assembly the perfect Quinoa Breakfast bowl and enjoy!
If you give this gluten free vegan quinoa breakfast bowl recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
And be sure to check out more of our plant-based gluten-free breakfast recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way