How To Make Quinoa For Breakfast
- 1 cup Quinoa Wash quinoa in a few changes of water. Rinse and drain well
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa in a fine mesh colander (note rinsing will wash away the bitter coating of the quinoa seed, wash quinoa in a few changes of water) Rinse and drain well
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add quinoa to 2 cups of liquid and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes until tender
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- See suggestions below to assembly the perfect Quinoa Breakfast bowl and enjoy!
This quinoa breakfast bowl recipe makes a nice alternative to traditional oatmeal for breakfast. As you can see making the quinoa is pretty simple and straight forward. The fun part is the flavor combinations you can come up with for this high protein vegan breakfast.
What we added to our Quinoa breakfast bowl:
- Homemade Granola
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- A sprig of Mint
Store leftovers quinoa in an airtight container for the week.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
And be sure to check out more of our plant-based gluten-free breakfast recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way